The Analytics and Data Insights team is looking for an energetic and motivated product owner to help manage work intake, triage support requests, and deliver training and onboarding processes. This product owner must be highly customer-service driven as they will serve as a bridge between our technical data teams and our internal business customers. This individual contributor role serves as the customer proxy to the data and analytics support team, and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority business value and functionality for all the work done by the team. This Product Owner possesses an in-depth knowledge of customer service / support desk process as well as data engineering and business intelligence technologies . They will own define and prioritize the team backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories ensuring that the solution(s) delivered effectively addresses overall program priorities. The Product Owner may be working on a Scaled Agile Release Train as part of the Product Management team or they may work on an independent Agile team and have Feature as well as story ownership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Supports one to two Agile Scrum teams on initiatives of medium to large complexity
- Owns defines and prioritizes the team backlog establishes story acceptance criteria drives content via prioritized user stories obtains customer validation and accept stories ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall program priorities.
- Attends Scrum ceremonies (such as daily standups sprint review meetings retrospective meetings cross-team coordination and etc.) alongside the Scrum Master ensuring that Scrum Teams adhere to the Scrum values of courage focus commitment respect and openness in delivering high quality solutions. Fosters an environment of continuous improvement / learning.
- Facilitates Product Backlog Refinement including reviewing and updating backlog item definition and developing acceptance criteria and value statements providing information to the team so they can establish technical feasibility and scope estimates analyzing ways to split backlog items into smaller chunks of incremental value helping to inform the enablers required to support new features and capabilities and establishing their capacity allocation.
- Builds customer and user insights into all stages of the Scrum planning and execution process ensuring the continuous validation of Stories with Customers and business users.
- Proactively reviews metrics and stakeholder feedback for continuous improvement opportunities.
- May collaborate with Product Managers Senior Product Owners and other Product Owners to ensure Stories align to value goals and objectives of long term business vision.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- High learning agility early adopter with developing level of impact / emerging strong track record
- Experience in operating in a consultative manner having comfort in sharing opinions thay may differ from the intended audience
- Experience in product design, project management and business analytics.
- Familiarity with Service Desk or Contact Center processes & metrics
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Business processes / workflow automation
- Atlassian tools - JIRA and Confluence
- Analytics / Data Warehouse / BI solutions
- Ability to build relationships with the team and stakeholders
- Willing to develop conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to enact change quickly
- Stand as an example to Agile team members by inspiring encouraging and providing constructive feedback
- Good leadership skill
- Ability to work directly with Product Management business stakeholders and technical/product teams
- Some domain knowledge of solutions being developed
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Typically a minimum of two years as a Business Analyst Project Manager or related role
- Experience with insurance or finance based products
- Successful track record with Agile methodologies
- Applicable certifications preferred (e.g. SAFe PO/PM CSPO or PSPO)