Product Owner - Platform Engineering at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will work with the Platform Engineering team, internal and external partners, and leaders across the enterprise to improve the use and functionality of our APIs utilized by our digital banking platforms and external partners to ensure the Alliant Application Programming Interface (API) Marketplace is well-positioned to meet the current and future needs of the enterprise.
The Product Owner-Platform Engineering will serve as the Agile Product Owner for a digital development team focused on API microservices leveraged across the enterprise. The Product Owner-Platform Engineering will interface directly with many areas of the business to collect, clarify, and translate business needs into a clear end-product vision for the development teams. Responsibilities include managing team backlogs, epic and feature detail decomposition, and developing user stories and acceptance criteria. Throughout the sprints and delivery lifecycle, the Product Owner-Platform Engineering collaborates with the Scrum Masters, other Product Owners, Technology partners, external partners, and multiple internal stakeholders to continually iterate and enhance the vision.
The Product Owner-Platform Engineering partners with the Manager of Platform Engineering to develop and maintain a strategic roadmap for the API Marketplace. The Product Owner-Platform Engineering maintains working knowledge of API platform functionality and product roadmaps, anticipates upcoming changes and positions the enterprise to best leverage future product offerings.
The Product Owner-Platform Engineering is responsible for implementing enterprise and divisional initiatives that require custom API development, technical research and analysis and business process design in the API Marketplace, as well as, supporting external partner integrations. Success in this role requires knowledge in banking or credit union industry and in-depth, practical understanding of how API microservices and API Marketplace can be leveraged across the enterprise. Additional resources to do the job include technical and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, conflict resolution skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
The Product Owner-Platform Engineering will provide guidance and leadership to technical business analysts, product owners, scrum masters, release train engineer and other contributors to extend and leverage the analytical capacity of the role. General direction is received from the Manager of Platform Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Manage the Platform Engineering and API Marketplace backlog intake (new features, enhancements, fixes)
- Lead enhancement and fix discovery as assigned by Manager of Platform Engineering
- Develop user stories and acceptance criteria for API feature enhancements, serving as the liaison between development teams and the business partners
- Translate and communicate requirements into stories in Azure DevOps and present requirements to the development team
- Create and maintain clear acceptance criteria for user stories
- Prioritize sprint work for the development team and provide final approval of work
- Participate in daily standup Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives
- Share the voice of the member/partner with the development team
- Participate in testing for quality assurance and user acceptance
- Maintain current, relevant understanding of API Marketplace, API’s and platform technologies, including current features and long-term partner roadmaps
- Communicate with internal stakeholders on enhancement and fix requests, managing expectations and timelines
- Partner with principle engineers and architects to ensure solution design aligns with Alliant’s requirements around technical architecture, governance, performance, maintainability, and security.
- Understand Alliant’s API Marketplace, APIs, and online and mobile banking enterprise business processes inside and out
- Stay up to speed on digital banking trends and fintech
- Assist with external communications around Alliant’s API Marketplace
- Assist with API Marketplace visioning and road mapping
- Manage Platform Engineering commitments in SAFe, create comprehensive program increment plans, and represent team in PI Planning activities.
- Drive projects and general progress towards the completion of requirements and implementation
- Navigate solution delivery efforts through established Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and communicate them to the Manager of Platform Engineering when appropriate
- Track and report on key performance indicators on the API Marketplace platform usage and adoption
- Maintain an open line of communication with Manager of Platform Engineering providing project progress updates
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with privacy act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a BA/BS degree in marketing, business, ecommerce, technology or related field, required, and you have:
- Prior experience as a product owner and experience in agile/scrum software development required. Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience working with financial industry technology required. Experience in working with websites/platforms, ecommerce, mobile apps or digital products with API Experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to break down complex processes into simple concepts
- Strategic thinker who is highly analytical and has a strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Azure DevOps strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound independent decisions
- Excellent organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capability in conflict resolution
- Experience Azure API Management tools, API microservices and Microsoft .NET a plus.
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off