Product Owner Manager at FIS (Jacksonville, FL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will work with exciting and collaborative professionals. We are passionate about our work and take a client-first approach to everything we do. There are great opportunities for learning within this group.
THE EXPERIENCE THAT YOU WILL BRING
- Prior experience managing a team of Product Owners is required
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience/methodologies and systems development environment experience is required
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills
- Business process workflow and automation experience
- Project management skills: ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products strongly preferred
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Career level management role that manages through subordinate managers/supervisors the activities for multiple products including one major application and having responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Manages a team of Product Owners (up to 12 direct reports)
- Manages product plan by ensuring changes in market and business priorities including integration needs and technology advancements are reflected.
- Presents status updates at periodic stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs and retirement plans.
- Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews.
- Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year. Determines release dates.
- Monitors and understands product's profit and loss statement.
- Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients.
- Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
- Presents product information and industry thought leadership to external audiences in webinars and client conferences.
- Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings and internal group meetings.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- Great workspaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.