Product Manager at Sendbird (Remote)
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice and video.
Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, Seoul, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.
As a Vertical Product Manager, you will be working with colleagues from Engineering, Product, Marketing and Sales on the shared goal of delivering the best chat experience for customers in one or more specific industry verticals. You will be an expert in the business requirements of our customers in a vertical and how Sendbird services can be integrated into the technical stack of our customers to help them achieve their business goals.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing & Sales to analyze market trends, competitors, customer research, and product data to drive the overall success of the product
- Partner with designers to create an intuitive and beautiful user experience
- Meet with customers to understand their business requirements, define the product experience and architect solutions to address those needs.
- Design simple, intuitive API to solve complex architectural problems
- Understand and analyze user needs for messaging in customer’s applications
- Work with engineers and your fellow Product Managers to build and launch new features
- Help evangelize product vision through presentations to stakeholders
- Design KPI dashboards by synthesizing product usage data and other analytics data
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience collaborating with large cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience developing or releasing SDKs, APIs, and software services aimed at software developers.
- Strong execution and ability to drive work to completion
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software products
- Experience in data analysis and building reports using Tableau, Looker or similar tools
Our US benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 20 days PTO, 12 paid US company holidays, 5 sick days, 2 volunteer days, plus a rest/rejuvenation and birthday day off
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Be Your Best Self: An annual stipend of $3,500 (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, to gym memberships, to books, to fitness classes, to mental health services, to massages
We take our obligation to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 very seriously. Effective January 1, 2022 we will offer access to our office spaces, any in-person meetings (customer or internal), Sendbird events, and any travel on behalf of Sendbird to our vaccinated and boostered employees only. Accommodations will be granted unless they:
- cause the Company any undue hardship,
- pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others,
- prevent an employee from performing the essential functions of their job.
Founded in 2015, Sendbird is the leading user engagement platform trusted by modern digital apps like DoorDash, Reddit, Yahoo, and Match Group and Global 500 companies such as UnitedHealth, DHL, LG, and Virgin Mobile. We allow any app or website to quickly and easily embed rich, real-time chat, voice, and video experiences to create connections with users and between users. This could be connecting drivers and consumers in a timely fashion to reduce cancellations for a delivery app, helping buyers get their questions answered from sellers to increase transactions in a digital marketplace, or increasing engagement between users in an online community. The platform has over 230M MAUs from over 50 countries operating in industries ranging from marketplaces, ride-sharing, and online communities to gaming, live video streaming, and healthcare.
Finally, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.