Product Manager at Beam Dental (Remote)
| Columbus, OH | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:32 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 17, 2022
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Product Managers to speak on behalf of our wide array of customers. As a Product Manager, you collaborate closely with stakeholders across the entire organization to turn outcomes into products. You will engage with Product, Engineering, and Design leaders to turn high-level company objectives into key results to help Beam provide best-in-class dental benefits products.
What you will bring:
You are an experienced, data-informed Product Manager that has built a diverse set of technical and customer-centric products. You have a passion for research and discovery in the product life cycle. You have experience speaking for both internal and external customers and love turning their voices into products that not only meet the stakeholder needs but also add value to the business overall. You have worked in an agile environment and know how to turn ideas into epics that can be broken down and delivered upon by technical and design teams.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Articulate company goals as outcome-based product proposals, considering both technical and design criteria.
- Research and develop product strategy from the ground up in your area of focus.
- Develop, manage, and adapt product roadmap to meet quarterly OKRs.
- Partner with engineering managers, designers, researchers, and developers to build products (green-field or iterations of current features).
- Create measurement mechanisms to ensure continued success and iteration of released features.
- Coordinate product launches with Program Management and other cross-functional teams such as marketing, client success, and sales.
- Work with other product team members to build a scalable yet always improving process to ensure successful product development cycles.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- A College Degree or equivalent experience in product, design, or engineering at product-oriented businesses.
- Experience working in a customer-centric, product-focussed organization.
- Experience being the voice of the customer in an organization through the authoring of user personas and stories, requirements documentation, and product specs.
- Experience partnering with multiple stakeholders across organizations including marketing, customer support, finance or design.
- Critical-thinking skills to operate both tactically and strategically.
- Knowledge and/or passion for healthcare, insurance, or financial services industry.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with data tools such as Tableau or Data Studio is a plus.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Beam Dental
Beam Dental operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Columbus, OH. Beam Dental was founded in 2012. It has 272 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program. To see all 17 open jobs at Beam Dental, click here.
Read Full Job Description