Do you love solving customer problems, but also love working in highly technical environments? We have just the job for you! The Cloud Lab team supports all Hands-On Lab & Cloud Playground environments in the Pluralsight Cloud division. This includes the AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud providers as well as Kubernetes, Linux, and more! This role will work cross-functionally to deliver value to internal and external customers by building hands-on solutions with quality, impact, security, and scalability. This is an opportunity for someone that has product management experience with a background in engineering or DevOps, or, if you don't have product experience, but think you have the chops - you may still be a fit!
Who you're committed to being:
- You're not afraid of technical details. This team's product is technical - we provide hands-on practice for cloud, cloud-adjacent, and other stacks that help build a complete application in cloud or hybrid environments.
- Creative problem solver. You like to think beyond the first idea that comes to mind. Your curiosity pushes you to find the root of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms.
- Excellent communicator. You leave people with a positive impression. You surface bottlenecks and problems, then turn around and work to solve them.
- A strong collaborator. You are committed to working closely as a team and seeking the input of teammates as you make product decisions and implement new processes.
- You ask questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom.
- You operate with curiosity, empathy, and integrity.
- You are committed to Pluralsight's mission and values.
What you'll own:
- Support hands-on mission, vision and strategy in alignment with company strategy and objectives.
- Identify big ideas and iterative improvements that move the needle on hands-on platform capabilities.
- Apply user research and data to define the roadmap and get agreement from executive team members.
- Create, prioritize, and refine requirements using discovery and data to drive your decisions.
- Use Product Management best practices to manage deliverables across tactical priorities and strategic goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solicit input and feedback while creating incremental improvements in both product and processes.
- Communicate business value, technical rationale behind product decisions, and project status to a broad cross-section of team members.
- Help the cross-functional Lab & Playground team reflect and improve on how they work.
- Resolve and reduce issues in collaboration with Engineering and Design.
Experience you'll need:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Manager for SaaS or software products.
- Proven experience working with ambiguity and being able to deliver on strategic roadmap.
- Experience using analytical abilities to gather, surface, and interpret user data to help drive decision-making.
- Strong experience partnering with agile Engineering and Design teams.
- Proven leadership, analytical, problem-solving, communication, teamwork, and presentation abilities.
- Experience with product management and software development tooling (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Lucid Chart, Figma, Miro, data dashboards, etc.)
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform) and/or containerization technologies like Kubernetes.
- Technical degree and/or experience is a bonus (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)