Product Manager at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Product Manager will work closely with Innovation SME’s and commercial teams to drive customer, category and business needs through innovation. Originates commercial toolkits supporting new products, including presentations, and regional launch plans. Responsible for creating and maintaining innovation and commercial technology expansion business cases and bringing new innovations from concept to commercialization for division.
What will you be responsible for?
- Represents commercial and the voice of the customer with cross-functional teams to present new innovations to the business and innovation
- Regional commercial responsibility for innovation projects
- Drives growth and margin across Ball’s products and innovations with regional and NCA global customers
- Works closely with innovation on the technical specifications and ensures that the commercial teams and customers have the information they need to deliver a complete product to market
- Responsible for commercial inputs in the new product release process and coordinates all commercial activities required to bring new products/innovations to market
Responsible for establishing integration into IBP and the integrated business planning process and fostering adoption of commercial technology expansions and innovations – commercial forecasting, production planning, logistics, etc
- Acts as the voice of the customer for internal ideation, and acts as the SME for commercial team for existing innovation portfolio and for emerging beverage categories
- Writes and delivers business cases for new innovation/category development
- Is able to demonstrate internal and external value for packaging trends and innovation products
- Manages innovation processes for commercial through CRM opportunities and in the Innovation software tool
- Works cross functionally within the NCA region to summarize & maintain an up to date commercial capabilities summary including innovative / specialty products
- Maintains innovation presentations, customizes and delivers presentations for specific customer engagements as required
- Ensures appropriate follow up on customer-specific innovation and commercial technology expansion projects with commercial team
- Works with internal & external partners/agencies to develop & prepare graphics samples for innovations / technologies used for technical trials, sales & marketing samples, launch plan promotions, etc.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years in product management/ marketing or other related field
- Product marketing experience necessary to make immediate contribution, recommendations and results
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking, organization and problem solving skills
- 10-25% of travel
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans