Product Manager at Boostability (Provo, UT)
Just A Description…
Boostability’s work environment is fast-paced and nimble. You will maintain a vision for product success throughout the product life cycle. You will serve as an evangelist for product offerings, working with customers, internal organizations as well as interfacing with key partners. You will also work with an engineering team to define product release requirements.
You will help to enhance and develop new products and processes based on your research as well as contact with customers, employees, and partners. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a scalable big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will research trends, keep up to date on the competitive landscape, get customer/employee feedback, define business requirements, write functional specifications, define execution processes, and analyze usage cases that represent the needs of our customers and our organization.
- Competitive Salary - DOE
- This role is eligible for benefits including PTO, health, dental, orthodontia, vision, life/AD&D insurance, 401k, HSA, EAP, and internet allowance.
- Remote work available. The majority of our team is remote, but you can choose to work out of the office anytime you’d like. We’re looking for a Utah-based candidate to participate in an in-office meeting every 2 weeks.
What You’ll Be Doing...
- You will show exceptional judgment as you define goals, create a roadmap, set priorities, and manage a backlog of innovative and impactful features throughout the product life cycle.
- Own product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to validate ideas before development.
- Research and identify opportunities to grow customer value and provide an exceptional customer experience within the Boostability product set.
- Assess market competition and strategic areas of growth.
- Write functional specifications, set criteria for release readiness with regards to the functionality of the solution.
- Help define and project manage a steady flow of prioritized work for the engineering team.
- Provide periodic project updates to executive leadership.
- Coordinate and build strong working relationships with various internal organizations including; Account Management, Engineering, Database, IT, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, & Order Fulfillment.
- Develop & conduct specialized training on new features.
What You’ll Need to Succeed...
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Ability to establish a business case, drive a vision, validate a hypothesis, and grow features from inception to full market scalability.
- Ability to distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a way that enables the Engineering team to understand what they are doing and why.
- Ability to prioritize and think strategically about meeting broad requirements sets.
- Very strong communication (written and verbal) skills to interface successfully with a broad variety of stakeholders with the ability to help define and simplify project specifications.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate, consider alternative points-of-view, and be persuasive as needed.
Other Critical Performance Competencies:
- Analytical skills -- identifies and defines problems; determines probable causes; suggests solutions
- Technical/Professional expertise -- possesses and applies a broad understanding of technical knowledge
- Initiative -- undertakes additional responsibilities as needed
- Intelligence -- acquires understanding and absorbs new information quickly
We’re Especially Interested If you have experience in...
- Product Development/Management
- Business Analysis
- Software Development