Product Manager at PayIt
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies while simplifying doing business with government agencies by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible, equitable, and efficient.
We are well funded, we have picked up awards from Forbes, FAST Design (alongside McDonald’s and Nike), our CEO has won EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, and we have been recognized as a leader in our industry as a GovTech 100 the past six years in a row.
About the Role:
The Product Manager (PM) manages the development and enhancement for payments solutions within our digital government experience and payment processing product portfolio.
This role supports the Product Team through planning and requirements documentation for new products, features, and technical processes. The Product Manager is responsible for managing a product roadmap for owned features/ products based on strategic enhancements, sales opportunities, and existing customer needs. Roadmap development involves review of technical documentation, requirements gathering with key resources (sales, implementation, customer success, design, and engineering), market research, and alignment with the broader Product Team. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating the requirements for the roadmap to the software development team and supporting user story definition. As products and features are implemented, the Product Manager will support the corresponding development and/or review of internal and external product reference materials and coordinate customer-specific rollout.
In addition, the Product Manager will provide analytical support related to product metric monitoring, support third party compliance requests associated with assigned products, and coordinate cross-functionally to develop policies, procedures and/or controls necessary to support new products and features.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Product Management - Assist in building products by investigating enhancements to existing features or identifying new features and translating these features into actionable epics and stories, working side-by-side with engineering teams, product designers, implementation managers, and customer success managers.
- Process Definition and Enhancement - Identify and document policies, procedures and processes necessary to support delivery of products and features
- Product Documentation - Support development of marketing collateral, training materials, feature bulletins, and internal sales sheets to support product launches and feature roll-outs
- Vendor Management - Manage interactions with key technology vendors for services that support owned products/ features
- Market Research - Support senior product managers in development of product vision, strategy and roadmap by conducting market research and gathering intelligence on market segments, best practices, and trends related to the payments ecosystem and digital government experience.
What You’ll Need to Have:
The following traits are key to success in this role:
- Quick Learner - Quickly assimilates large amounts of new information about a diverse product portfolio; comfortable navigating new systems and technical tools
- Detail Oriented - Effective organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Creative Thinker - Strong conceptual thinking skills with an ability to problem solve, recommend solutions, and prioritize business issues
- Comfortable with Change - works well within a fast-paced rapid growth environment
- Relentless - able to push work forward despite ambiguity; identifies questions to ask to identify a path around roadblocks; escalates concerns and asks for help when needed
- Curious - interested in learning about and crafting awesome digital experiences
- Proactive - Able to self-motivate and work independently
- Strong Communicator - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team Oriented - Ability to build partnerships and foster collaboration and teamwork, balancing personal and team priorities
Prior experience that will drive success in this role:
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Business Analyst, Project Manager, Product Analyst, or Assistant Product Manager (or similar role and the ability to demonstrate how job responsibilities translate)
- Experience planning and prioritizing work, preferably in a business analyst, product or project management role
- Experience leading small groups of people towards a common goal with a defined timeline
- Experience documenting requirements for process changes or products and features
- Experience analyzing data, identifying enhancement opportunities, and making recommendations based on data
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams such as software development teams, visual and/or UX designers, customer success, implementations, customer support, marketing, sales, compliance, and risk
- Exposure to product management, software product lifecycle, roadmapping, and agile methodologies
- Exposure to closely audited or regulated functions, which may have required documented internal controls, reporting to third parties, or timely implementation of changes to support internal or external audit findings
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with point-of-sale, digital/ ecommerce, and IVR environments
- Experience working with payment processing (such as cards, ACH, digital wallets, real-time payments) in a consumer facing environment
- Experience with cash management, including settlement and reconciliation
- Risk and/or compliance exposure within financial services industry (e.g. card brand rules, NACHA rules)
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of customer-first.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Up To Date On everything: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, StackOverflow, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.