Product Manager at AWL (Austin, TX)
As AWL’s Product Manager, you will provide product guidance for AWL’s market-leading insurance customer acquisition products. Your guidance will include changes designed to increase existing product profitability as well as leading new products the company may bring to market. You will build and enhance our products based on internally and externally gathered requirements as well as from conversations with customers, partners and experts in the insurance and digital marketing industries. This job blends being strategic with superior tactical execution; requiring a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time to understand market conditions and customer problems and opportunities, and then to translate those into specific product plans and development activities.
You must be a strong communicator and able to communicate with all areas of a fast-moving, high-energy business. You will work with sales and marketing leads to define product requirements, assisting them and their teams with understanding new product capabilities, key benefits, and business targets; you will work with technical leads in engineering to define product release contents; and you will also serve as an internal and external evangelist for AWL's products.
- Managing products and their life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution surrounding product release/delivery
- Understanding and articulating requirements for current and future products
- Researching market opportunities through conversations with internal and external business stakeholders
- Driving a solution set with the engineering team through clear requirements, release contents, and release plans
- Working cross-departmentally on product plans and their execution
- Evaluating new product opportunities
- MBA or equivalent
- 3+ years of software product management experience
- Knowledgeable in technology and comfortable with customer-acquisition and direct-to-consumer business models
- Product Management, Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
- Job located in Austin, Texas; occasional travel will be required
AWL (All Web Leads, Inc.) is one of the most successful customer acquisition marketing companies in the US. Simply put, we help our customers acquire customers for the US insurance industry. Our amazing team of over 1,100 talented and successful professionals use internet marketing strategies to turn consumer interest in insurance products into policy sales for the world’s largest insurance carriers and more than 30,000 of their agents. We are Austin-born and our growth from a 2-person startup in 2005 to a highly profitable business has been a remarkable journey. We are a tight-knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture that has been ranked a Best Place to Work in Austin for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 and 2022. AWL fosters a vibrant, dynamic work culture built on trust, data, technology, passion, collaboration and winning, where employees want to engage and be impactful. We provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.