Rhythm is a renewable energy and technology company empowering you to take control of your budget and your carbon footprint. We combine energy market expertise with technology, design, and data science to create best-in-class products and services that are simple, delightful, and seamlessly integrated within the rhythm of your life. Our mission is to upend the energy status quo by setting a new standard of service excellence and customer partnership. We are a mission-driven, results-oriented group of engineers, businesspeople, designers, and artists who love solving tough problems, all while making a positive impact on our communities.
The ideal candidate for the Product Manager position will combine a strong technical foundation with demonstrated experience working on products that scale, using market feedback and an analytical mindset to guide the development of Rhythm’s consumer platform. This role will be a key member of Rhythm’s Product Management team, and will work closely with other Product Managers, as well as with Rhythm’s business functional stakeholders, Software Engineering team, and Data Science and Analytics team.
Rhythm’s Product Management team is responsible for discovery, prioritization and delivery of technology projects that create value across the span of our business, including growth, customer experience, customer retention, operations, customer care, pricing, finance, accounting, and risk management,
Responsibilities: This role will support technology development efforts across the breadth of our product areas, including applications that are customer-facing as well as internal facing. Our technology product areas include a customer enrollment journey supported by martech stack, customer portal for ongoing customer engagement and retention; internal tools supporting pricing, customer care and operations teams; a billing platform supporting all billing of our customers; and, a data and analytics platform supporting all reporting and business intelligence needs, as well as providing unique insights and capabilities within our other products.
This role will:
- Contribute to and execute against our product roadmap, guiding prioritization of product features by engaging with stakeholders to create business cases that assess value and cost of potential projects
- Define business requirements for new initiatives along with business stakeholders, and work with software development colleagues to turn those business requirements into product requirements documents, technical implementation guides and defined workflows.
- Manage Agile SCRUM process for assigned projects, writing, grooming, and pointing stories in Jira along with engineering counterparts, and ensuring delivery of highest priority items with maximum efficiency
- Manage project scope to deliver value in line with business timing requirements
- Contribute to Rhythm knowledge base via documentation of key initiatives and product features
- Minimum of 2 years of product or project management experience, with increasing responsibility. Depending upon candidate experience, Sr. Product Manager and Associate Product Manager titles will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to lead product development process from start to finish, including establishing business requirements via customer, market, and stakeholder interactions, defining scope, owning creation of product requirement documentation (PRD), turning PRD into software engineering-ready stories, managing SCRUM processes, overseeing QA, UAT and release, and conducting post-release follow-up.
- Ability to distill complex workflows into defined stories and tasks.
- Ability to communicate with equal fluency with business and technical counterparts
- Technical background and understanding of software development processes
- Highly analytical and data-driven decision-maker
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Experience working in fast-paced environment, with a preference for experience in start-up, scale-up environments
- Business-minded thinker able to understand company goals and support prioritization and product decision-making that most efficiently achieves those goals, balancing short term feature delivery with long-term value creation
- Experience using industry leading software platforms for visualizing product development (Jira, Figma, Lucidchart, etc.)
- Able to adapt in a rapidly changing business and industry
- Experience working remotely and supporting a positive team culture
- Bachelor’s degree required
- SQL experience preferred
- Experience working in B2C environments preferred
We are a remote-enabled company that utilizes a cloud-only tech stack, making it easy for you to contribute from anywhere. We will consider qualified remote candidates willing to work to maximize alignment to our time-zone (central US) and are proficient in technical communication in English.