Product Manager - Xpand at MariaDB Corporation (Remote)
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is looking for a passionate problem solver to join our team as a product manager. You’ll be leading the charge in developing the most advanced database products on the most popular open source database platform. Xpand is our distributed SQL engine that allows MariaDB to scale to a large amount of servers and data.
Someone who can easily navigate both business and technical conversation and is not afraid to roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges will thrive in this role. As a technical Product Manager, you will be involved with everything related to developing MariaDB products further to become the next generation of database products.
- Drive the product roadmap of Xpand from start to finish – from product feature definition, prioritization and successful execution through multiple releases
- Engage with customers, partners and field teams to understand use cases, requirements and customer needs
- Work together with world-class engineering talent to influence design/architectural decisions and collaborate on feature definition and development
- Create product specifications and requirements to drive the engineering process
- Perform competitive market analysis to help make product choices and prioritize features
- Maintain product feature lists and define the scope for each release
- Analyze and identify new opportunities and key trends
- Lead beta programs with key customers
- Work with marketing to participate in product launch activities
- Write technical product updates, architecture diagrams, feature descriptions and customer presentations
- Work with marketing to enable sales to effectively communicate the use cases and value proposition
- Product management experience
- Experience with databases, public/private cloud and data platforms
- Experience working with distributed teams across the world
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- Solid understanding of database internals such as MariaDB or MySQL is required
- Familiarity with public cloud database services such as RDS, Aurora, and Mongo Atlas is desired
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology; ability to work with and influence highly talented engineering teams
- Excellent written and communication skills and equally able to talk to and influence engineers, executives, customers and partners
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales and field engineering
- Technical bachelor degree (e.g., CS, CE, EE); MBA desired
USA – Remote
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.