Product Manager, Retail at Gemini (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product Management
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, FinTech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Product Manager, Retail
Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis and detailed roadmapping to assist in the definition of product initiatives across the company. In this role, you'll identify, manage, and iterate on opportunities for retail user growth while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for critical team initiatives.
This role is full-time remote or in our New York City, Chicago, or Portland offices, and reports directly to the Associate Director of Product, Retail.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering teams to develop and iterate on products using human-centered design fundamentals.
- Use data-oriented approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business, with a specific focus on retail user retention
- Engage in proactive research to identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features and products
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless and timely execution of initiatives
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product specifications
- Develop cross-platform products across our consumer platform.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in product management, with proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch
- Experience with retail-focused products
- Experience with design team collaboration, usability testing, and gathering user analytics
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices including mobile products.
- MixPanel or equivalent user analytics software
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- 2 years of experience in onboarding, compliance, or identity verification products
- *or 2 years of experience in marketing, growth, or funnel optimization
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.