Product Manager - Remote at Thriveworks
Product Manager - Remote
Thriveworks is a rapidly growing mental health counseling company on a mission to make counseling accessible and affordable for everyone.
With over 1600 clinicians and 240+ locations across 38 states, Thriveworks has quickly become the largest in-person mental health counseling company in the US and the largest employer of therapists in the US. Thriveworks has been growing organically (>200%/year) at scale and is looking to invest heavily in a Product team.
We are looking for a Product Manager to work across the entire therapist experience, ensuring that our providers have the tools they need. This role supports both the providers and the internal teams working with the providers.
- You see the opportunity to dramatically advance your career by playing a critical role in an important, high-growth company.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; structured in your communication and thinking
- You are persistent, rational, and put facts above speculation; you find yourself asking “where’s the data?”
- You can simplify the most complex problems down to the critical parts that need to be done.
- You have no ego and can get your hands dirty with any stakeholder in their function (ie, listen to customer support calls, walk through an ops process, talk to finance about their billing, etc.).
- You are constantly curious and thinking about “how can I make this experience better.”
- You love working in a fast-paced, start-up environment and rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission
- You are able to take an active role in technical discussions while ensuring we remain focused on business goals and strategic objectives
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a great platform that meets these needs looks like
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead a team of highly skilled engineers, building credibility and trust across functions
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity and consolidating different needs into coherent action
- You’re interested and passionate about the mental health space or healthcare in general
- You’ve consistently launched products that delight users and meet business objectives
Job Location: Remote (willing to work ET or CT).
- Manage a scrum of engineers and product designers
- Ensure transparency in the prioritization of features and bugs
- Ensure completion of user stories and validate with business and engineering stakeholders
- Lead sprint planning sessions
- Lead requirement gathering
- Lead bug testing and ensure acceptance criteria are clear
- Lead sprint retrospectives
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable, and feasible
- Monitor and report on product KPIs
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, concept test, and deliver innovative solutions
- Develop materials to communicate progress to stakeholders
- Balance future-facing work against the maintenance and development of business-critical systems
- Be methodical and ruthless in prioritization, seeking out the biggest bang for your buck
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution ideally in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, design) or commensurate tech experience
- 2+ years' experience working in Product (or product adjacent).
- Strong understanding of product development process in an agile environment
- Ability to get into the details, building high-quality user stories
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- Has launched a product before
Thriveworks is a growing company that provides a challenging, welcoming, and rewarding place to work. A good candidate will be able to grow in responsibility and in their role as the company grows. Successful employment candidates and all Thriveworks employees are expected to embody our Core Values.