At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Product Manager to join our Product Innovation Portfolio which is responsible for creating, launching and growing new products for our customers and dealer partners. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of hands-on product experience conceptualizing, building, and refining website products, and have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where change is both expected and welcomed.
What You’ll Do:
- Iteratively launch new features to our customers
- Lead product development efforts within an agile development environment to define, build and launch consumer facing features on the Edmunds website. This includes planning sprints, writing individual stories, and accepting completed features.
- Articulate business and customer value to development and design teams and use it to guide prioritization
- Partner with our UX & design team to design delightful customer experiences
- Partner with the development team to to construct and own overall project delivery timelines for feature launches
- Construct, launch, and evaluate well-defined A/B or multivariate tests to make continual product improvements.
- Contribute to overall product direction and strategy
- Work closely with product executives to define product direction based on market conditions, customer demand, and desired business outcomes.
- Utilize analytics tools to understand business questions, drive outcomes, and make recommendations for upcoming product strategy & features.
- Synthesize what you learn through qualitative and quantitative research to form hypotheses to test that will allow you to quickly learn what works and what doesn’t for driving product performance
- Be the primary subject matter expert for your products and your customers
- Gain a deep functional and technical understanding of your products
- Understand the key business metrics that contribute to the success of your product and the factors that drive them
- Conduct interviews and research to gain deep empathy for your customers
- Represent your products not only to external customers (dealer partners) but also to internal stakeholders such as our executive team, sales team, account management team, customer care, etc.
You’ll love this job if:
- You have a passion for building products that delight your customers
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and appreciate the vision, hard work, and grit it takes to build transformative products
- You have the capacity to understand and enjoy all aspects of the business that drive the success for your products
- You embrace change and delight in the new opportunities that present themselves each time you are asked to learn something new
What You Need:
- 2 to 3 years product management experience with software/web development projects, including:
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of 5-15 people using Agile scrum and Kanban software development methodologies
- Experience prioritizing, writing, and testing stories, as well as managing a product backlog
- Experience defining, launching and evaluating A/B tests
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (docs, sheets, slides), Atlassian JIRA, and Slack
- Working knowledge of product analytics tools such as Tableau, Amplitude, or Google Analytics, or similar. SQL skills are a plus.
- Superior presentation, communication, coordination, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while using your resourcefulness and experience to ask for help from the right people when you need it
- Ability to act as an accurate translator across business and technical functions
- Ability to navigate and adapt quickly to ambiguity and change
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.