Product Manager - Platform Services (remote) at Vacasa (Portland, OR)
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Product at Vacasa
Our motto is to move fast and dream big. Vacasa is well-resourced and we’re going places. Our culture is laid-back but our turnarounds are tight, so we switch gears quickly. You’ll innovate and iterate, and your work will make an impact.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Vacasa Platform teams to drive the evolution of our APIs for rental availability and related data that other teams rely on. This role is responsible for partnering with product and engineering teams to understand their needs for our platform. Then work with engineering to deliver APIs, endpoints, and data models. Your products need to support our high growth and ever-changing landscape. You must be comfortable diving into complex processes and workflows across multiple teams and systems to define, drive, and deliver high-value optimizations while developing a vision and plan for the future.
What you’ll do
- Analyze our rental availability data to inform what areas of the product platform need improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify the best options to deliver on a reasonable schedule, validating and documenting requirements and workflows
- Work directly with the software development teams on a daily basis to deliver business value through Agile methodology, including building and prioritizing product backlogs
- Collaborate with engineering team leads to run, grooming, sprint planning, standups, retros, etc. for Agile software development teams
- Ability to work with international teams that have different native languages and time zones.
- Hypothesize, test, evaluate, and iterate to meet user needs and delight users
- Identify opportunities, drive a vision, and define priorities for an offering or product
- Close partnership with our stakeholders during key activities and phases of the product lifecycle
- Develop strong knowledge of stakeholder activities, processes, and challenges
- Be an expert and evangelist for internal tools, services, APIs, and endpoints
- 2+ years of experience as a software technical Product Manager
- Proficient in JIRA/Confluence or similar tools
- Experience in defining, creating and delivering end-to-end product offerings that effectively achieve desired outcomes
- Experience as a product owner working directly with development teams following an Agile scrum methodology with a knack to gage product scope and a teams ability to execute effectively
- Proven experience to launch offerings with a deliberate plan to learn quickly
- Familiar with APIs and Services as products
- Working understanding of event-based (publish / subscribe) solutions for delivering data across systems.
- Experience with delivering solutions with high-transaction rates
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to dive into the data, comfortable with advanced spreadsheet manipulation, or SQL preferred
- A sense of humor, empathy, and humility!
- Ability to work from home and reside in Chile or one of the following United States: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NC, NH, NM, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- $85k - $110k
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.