Product Manager, People Tech at Uber
PeopleTech is a relatively new product and tech team at Uber with an audacious charter of enabling tech that transforms employee experience at Uber.
This role will be working cross-functionally with design, software engineers, integration engineers, system engineers, and business stakeholders. You will shape and build Talent Acquisition outstanding products that span across a range of experiences, from prospective candidates to recruiters, sourcers, hiring managers and interviewers.
Hiring is one of the most impactful areas in high performing companies and Uber is one of the few in the industry looking to make great strides with a consumer product-centric approach. The team is rapidly growing and delivering significant impact, so we are looking for an enthusiastic, user and impact centric Product Manager to join the team.
What You'll Do
- Help us to pioneer the delivery of best-in-class talent products
- Build a flawless candidate experience across multiple tech stacks and processes
- Evaluate best-in-class technology and resolve, build vs. buy for various aspects of Candidate Experience and Talent Acquisition employee journey
- Partner with the larger Talent Acquisition business organization to deliver product and tech strategy, build long term roadmap, and create business impact via tech delivery
- Drive requirements and adoption with a customer-empathetic demeanor
- Define business-critical metrics and excite teams to deliver on the promise of the most intuitive candidate and admin experiences
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance, and cost
- Align key stakeholders to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence
- Proactively identify and resolve issues to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals
- Engage with Uber executives through regular updates
- Be deeply involved in helping to manage the backlog, triage issues, write PRDs, create well defined stories and clarify requirements with the implementation team members.
- Collaborate with systems engineers, developers, design, data science, UX, and behavioral researchers
- Computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years Product Management experience, delivering highly successful and innovative technology products with your signature all over them.
- Keen user centric point of view and experience
- Data-driven decision-making ability.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for phenomenal collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
- Understanding and background in the workforce, talent, and people technology tools and ecosystem