We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. You’ll join a Team whose experience hails from places such as Google, Uber, Amazon, Instacart, Capital One, and MasterCard with proven startup executives and venture capitalists.
Upside was named #2 on Deloitte's 2021 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding was raised in March 2022 and led by General Catalyst at a $1.5 billion valuation. Other investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Meet the Product Team:
Our Product team at Upside is composed of motivated individuals with a diverse set of experiences, all working diligently to ensure that our product delivers as much value as possible for our merchants and consumers. Whether partnering with Engineering, Design, Marketing, or Sales, we're committed to taking an experiment-led approach to guarantee that data drives decisions.
About the Job:
Upside has recently embarked on a journey to transform how our Merchants realize the value our Users bring to their locations by building out new Payments capabilities. We’re looking for a Payments Product Manager to use their FinTech or Payments experiences and create tremendous value for our Consumer users, Merchant clients, and subsequently, for the business. This Payments Product Manager will enable the flow of significant volume ($) and transactions through our ecosystem, transform how our Users interact with the places they love to shop, and how our Merchants view the profit brought to them by Upside.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead the newly formed Payments program to help Upside process Users’ payments on behalf of our Fuel, Grocery, Restaurant, & Future Vertical merchants
- Develop a strategy to embeds our Payments capabilities and experiences throughout the Upside platform
- Look for opportunities to simplify the payments processes while also reducing costs and risks
- Leverage an understanding of Upside’s mission and strategies, the user’s needs and experience, and current market trends in order to set a product vision
- Lead a cross-functional team through strategic vision, defining a roadmap, prioritizing solutions based on business and user impact, and building and delivering products
- Translate product strategy into technical requirements and collaborate with a dedicated engineering team to bring the product to life
- Build and update the appropriate documentation and/or reporting to maintain alignment across all partners (e.g., PRDs, Product Roadmap, etc.)
- Coordinate and run sound experiments to test and validate hypotheses
- Collect, extract, and analyze requisite data to inform decision-making using tools like Looker, Mixpanel, etc.
- Drive the go-to-market activities to bring your new capabilities from development (e.g., Engineering, Design, Data) to the various functional areas (e.g., Operations, Marketing, Finance, Account Management, and Sales) to deliver products that can benefit our users and merchants alike
What you need:
- 6-8 years of technical product management experience, preferably in a FinTech, Payments, eComm, or marketplace startups
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Strong user empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- Ability to drive meaningful outcomes in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a metrics and test-and-learn organization
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, sales, marketing, operations, and data scientists to deliver extraordinary products
- Outstanding communication skills, both within your team, with leadership, and with partners
Nice to have:
- Solid understanding of Payments concepts (e.g., Credit/Debit, ACH, Fees/Interchange, Risk, & Processing)
- Previously integrated with Cloud-based Point-of-Sale (POS) systems
- Overall enthusiasm for all things Payments
The Fine Print:
- Location/Worksite: This is a hybrid role, based out of our Austin, Texas office in the Domain neighborhood. In-office presence is requested twice a week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated resource. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!#LI-NE1