Attention NJ Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The position is accountable for Office 365 Governance across the Globe.
This position is a transformational position with people leadership and service delivery management.
Primary Job responsibilities include:
- Owns and manages the Governance of Microsoft 365 through the duration of the product lifecycle.
- Collaborate with company support functions to leverage knowledge management practices and principles.
- Develop and communicate knowledge management strategy to stakeholders in IT and other support functions.
- Defines the overall product vision and strategy, with a keen focus on value, business outcomes, and user experience.
- Makes product decisions, and ensures decisions align with product strategy.
- Develops and regularly calibrates metrics for the product .
- Drives continuous product discovery to understand user needs and translate that solutions and product backlog.
- Sets and communicates high-integrity roadmap commitments that have been assessed collaboratively with the delivery squad(s) in terms of value, feasibility, usability, and viability.
- Creates, maintains, and continuously prioritizes the product backlog to maximize value delivery and its long term sustainability (including stability, compliance and other aspects appropriately).
- Ensures that the backlog is transparent, visible, and understood for all stakeholders.
- Leads adoption and retention of the product.
- Drives release and support planning and execution (Go to market strategy and execution).
- Connects the delivery squad(s) with the customers and facilitates direct communication between them.
- Monitors and optimizes product's total cost of ownership(TCO).
- Develop Knowledge Management roadmap to improve ServiceNow Knowledge adoption.
- Act as a business liaison to all other IT groups who are developing Knowledge Articles for IT Support and End users.
- Partner with the Global Support Center Operations Team to analyze data to improve agent Knowledge.
- Primary stakeholder of the end user support portal serving as the central point of contact for technology upgrades and enhancements as well as user experience.
- Timely, effective communication with stakeholders will be required throughout the initiatives the team is responsible for implementation and support.
- The role requires a strong person who is resourceful, has a solid presence both regionally and divisionally, is highly self-motivated, attentive to detail and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 of years in technology or capability.
- 2-3 years experience managing a product.
- 2 number of years in the Agile Methodology.
- Ability to propose, develop, and implement visions for a substantially re-imagined user experience.
- Experience owning and delivering digital products .
- Experience in managing geographically distributed squads preferred .
- Experience in different delivery methods (agile, traditional) in large organizations.
- Experience with product management techniques such as strategy, road mapping etc.
- Experience aligning the organization and communicating complex technical decisions.
- Strong customer service and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze data, develop insights, visualize trends, and drive change.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Hybrid, Remote Work
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: