Product Manager - Observability as Code - Remote (US Timezones) at Grafana Labs
This is a remote role for the North or South American Timezones
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you'll develop a vision and strategy for your product domain. You will own your product’s roadmap, collateral, and market research, and you will collaborate with Grafana leadership on fine-tuning your product’s goals. You will be the primary advocate and expert in your area, with a strong ability to communicate needs, functionality, and details effectively both to external customers and internal stakeholders. The teams and people you will be interacting with will be 100% remote and globally distributed, so strong and proactive communication is essential.
Product Managers are the bridge that connect Engineering, Design, and UX to GTM. You are a facilitator who ensures the free flow of information across these teams and are expected to be technically proficient when representing our products to our customers.The Role
As the Observability as Code product manager, you’ll be responsible for working Grafana into the as-code and GitOps workflows that are a mainstay of modern application development and deployment processes. You’ll help users automate the deployment of all components of their observability stack - metrics, logs, traces, dashboards, alerts, and the Grafana application itself - by integrating our tools with infrastructure as code systems like Terraform and version control systems like Github. In doing so, you’ll make it easier for users to get started with our open source stack, keep their observability up to date, and run reliable services for their own customers.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Transform ideas and feedback into a product vision and roadmap
- Empathize with customer problems in order to collect user needs, requirements, and pain points
- Curate and properly represent user feedback to Engineering, while providing evidence to support tradeoffs and priorities
- Work closely with product marketing to take products and features to market, including creating and updating presentations, documentation, website content, datasheets, and whitepapers.
- Use your deep product expertise to make decisions about our go-to-market strategies, pricing, packaging, licensing and tiering.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- A propensity for regularly analyzing engagement data and making informed data-driven decisions
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features with solid designs
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on products for software engineers
- Experience working with continuous integration, continuous deployment, version control, or infrastructure as code software
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Previous experience in Application Performance Monitoring, Observability, or Devops