Pagoda, formerly Near Inc, is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO.
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive Product Manager who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We’re especially excited about product managers with experience in deriving roadmaps and prioritizations through a thoughtful and analytical data driven approach, and experience in analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data from customers in the decision making process.
The mission of this position is to create a smooth experience for different types of users in the ecosystem to participate in the consensus of the network, thereby facilitating the decentralization of NEAR. You will work with different stakeholders in the community to gather feedback to improve their experience, be it running a node or delegating to a validator. You will work closely with different engineering teams to enhance the experience for node operators and shape the direction of development for the reference client implementation of the protocol. As part of the protocol division, you will oversee technical programs around validators, staking, and delegation, as well as discover new product opportunities to better support our user base.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establish product processes to gather quantitative and/or qualitative feedback from different stakeholders in the community.
- Work together with the engineering team to define priorities. Balance advocating for user experience with technical feasibility of feature requests.
- Manage the product release cycle of the reference client of the protocol. Own communication with different stakeholders on releases and new features.
What We're Looking For:
- Ideally you’ll have 3+ years of experience as a PM or engineer/founder delivering technical products owning strategic roadmaps in startup environments.
- Experience building highly technical products such as databases or distributed systems.
- Clear product vision and proven ability to execute across all areas of product strategy, development, and project management.
- Experience with building products to enable creators to create
- A relentless hunger to learn.
- Blazing intelligence and a world class standard of execution.
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities.
We'd Love If You Have:
- Open source and community engagement experience
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies / communities
- Experience working at a startup
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Location: Remote - Europe, US
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.