Product Manager - Network Security at FireMon (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:06 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 23, 2022
FireMon pioneered improving security outcomes by improving security operations in the cybersecurity industry. Technologies have changed, the threats have evolved, but our mission remains the same. Our culture is built upon four employee-driven values that focus on problem-solving, work/life balance, motivation, and innovation. These values are core to everything we do and fuel the impact our employees have on our customers, product, and overall organization. Each person is empowered to have a voice and is encouraged to collaborate, be creative, provide valuable insights, and play a role in the company's success.
FireMon product managers solve hard problems for our customers and our business. Our product teams are empowered to deliver solutions that positively affect security operations outcomes. Product teams are cross-functional and generally include a product manager, a UX designer, and a number of software, test & release engineers. The ideal candidate has proven product management experience, the ability to engage and manage stakeholders, skills in customer and product discovery, expertise in one or more of the following: network security, cloud security, security operations or compliance, and thrives in a model where they are responsible and accountable for the success of their product portfolio.
- Responsible and accountable for the success of assigned products, solutions and capabilities - Success metrics may include growth in ARR, user adoption, new customer acquisition, improving renewal rates & reducing churn, lead times (from concept to deployment) and NPS/customer satisfaction.
- Develop and contribute to a strong product culture that values collaboration across functions & stakeholders, continuous and rapid testing, learning & iteration, solving problems and delivering outcomes.
- Become an expert – be the go-to person for understanding anything qualitative or quantitative about FireMon’s customers, users, products and industry.
- Evaluate & define opportunities for both existing & new products and drive alignment on what gets built and delivered to customers.
- Execute FireMon’s core product processes for assigned products, solutions & capabilities - Contribute to product vision & strategy, assess product opportunities, lead product & customer discovery, generate concept documents and written narratives, collaborate with UX design and engineering leaders to define requirements for new products and enhancements and engage with assigned product teams during development, delivery, installation & support phases.
- Partner with marketing, field engineering, sales and customer success teams to provide technical enablement and training.
- Develop & maintain collaborative relationships with business stakeholders, including FireMon’s marketing, field engineering, sales, customer success and executive teams.
- Identify relevant data sources & metrics that can be used in all phases of the product planning and delivery process. Share insights and learning with product teams, stakeholders and executives to increase decision quality.
- Become an internal & external evangelist for assigned products, solutions & capabilities.
- Maintain a point of view on competitors and the broader security ecosystem. Contribute to competitive positioning strategies.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ / 8+ years of product management experience working on security, networking or cloud software products.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; strong business acumen, and well-honed influencing skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of network security and network infrastructure domains.
- Working knowledge of risk and compliance.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level to launch new products successfully.
- Ability to fit in well within an informal startup environment and be hands-on in managing inbound and outbound product management activities
- Experience building strong partnerships with development and UX counterparts
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a remote, distributed team.
Bonus Skills and Experience
- BA/BS technical degree, preferably covering computer science and/or networking
- Experience working in IT, network or security operations
- Security certifications including CISSP, CISM are desirable but not required
- Experience helping teams define success metrics
- Demonstrable experience defining value of new opportunities
- Working knowledge of consumption-based subscription and pricing models is desirable.
- Technical Marketing and Sales Engineering experiences helpful
What it Takes to be Part of the FireMon Team
FireMon provides persistent network security for hybrid environments through a powerful fusion of real-time asset visibility, continuous compliance, and automation. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution, FireMon has delivered command and control over complex network security infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
Our customers have unique and complex security problems that are difficult to solve. This doesn’t intimidate us, it inspires us. It pushes us to be more creative and find solutions to ensure their success. If this sounds like a movement you'd be interested in joining, we invite you to apply today.
FireMon provides equal employment [opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
More Information on FireMon
FireMon operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. FireMon was founded in 2004. It has 245 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 7 open jobs at FireMon, click here.
Read Full Job Description