Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, and boats is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
What We Need
Merchant products are the backbone of Octane. They are the bridge between the merchants and Octane’s in-house lender, Roadrunner Financial. Octane is taking a unique approach to improving the merchant experience by streamlining the lending process for large purchases. The merchant platform started in the powersports space, and we are expanding fast into additional verticals. We are seeking a Product Manager to lead the conception, planning, and implementation of the tools and experience our merchants will use to succeed.
As Product Manager, Merchant Experience, you will be responsible for making Octane’s merchant platform quick, easy, and reliable. You will also explore different ways in which we can nudge the merchants to come to Octane first before engaging with other lenders. You will define and work toward clear KPIs that guide your team’s success, such as Net Promoter Score, retention, and share of wallet. Your work will help us build a strong foundation that will help us more confidently enter new verticals by building products that our merchants love using. By empathizing with merchants and deeply understanding their problems and needs, you will drive a roadmap and backlog for a dedicated team of software engineers.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the development of team objectives and key results that ladder up to our corporate objectives, and use those objectives and key results to guide your roadmap and feature decisions.
- You will rigorously measure and report on your team’s objectives and key results.
- You will work closely with engineering, design, data, sales, and ops to build experiences that Octane merchants love using.
- You will translate long term vision into clear, actionable next steps for your product engineering team.
- You will run interviews and identify problems and needs of Octane merchants that use our platform.
- You will discover and implement UX best practices to reduce friction for users
- You will partner with stakeholders in credit operations, sales, risk, and other teams, to define and deliver solutions that move the needle on core company metrics such as NPS, NFE, time spent on site, application submission, market penetration, etc.
- You will bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, prioritization, implementation, validation, and adaptation.
- You will drive multiple projects and competing priorities with consistency and transparency, securing alignment from several important stakeholders on what to tackle, when, how, and why.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager with a history of delivering high quality products.
- You have experience shipping products with great user experiences at scale.
- You obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You have experience running empathy interviews with your customers.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of complex problems.
- You are a systems thinker: you can envision how systems work together on top of sophisticated platforms to serve multiple user groups.
- You have a get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of production bugs.
- You are a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and sales.
- You obsess over your users to internalize their workflow and understand their needs.
- You have a history of successfully building products for SMBs.
- You excel at navigating difficult tradeoffs.
- Experience in fintech is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit: reimbursement of up to $500/year for the purchase of any powersports safety equipment
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.