Product Manager (Leader) at Paylocity (Remote)
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We've evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we've changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment.
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Let's go forward together.
As a Product Manager, you will create the vision and strategy for a portfolio of products, based on an outside-in market point-of-view anchored in the customer. As a key leader you will mentor Product Owners across multiple dedicated teams and help them define what needs to be built and champion the vision to their product teams and stakeholders. You will convey a clear and compelling narrative and an enthusiasm for relentlessly delivering customer value. You will demonstrate accountable ownership, unmitigated curiosity, a strong desire for continuous improvement, and the ability to think strategically about our products while empowering and leading others to do the same.
Reports To: DIRECTOR OR SR DIRECTOR
- Develop the vision and strategy for products and overall product portfolio based on market research and customer outreach, and align business owners and product stakeholders to that vision
- Facilitate the translation of product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories across Product Owners
- Provide guidance to Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement; share lessons learned and contribute to the development of the agile practices
- Facilitate and guide product planning and stakeholder interactions
- Work with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
- Understand the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
- Act as the voice of the customer, answer product related questions, and provide overall direction
- Facilitate longer-term career plans with each direct report, support their development and find opportunities for team members to fulfill their goals
- Develop a strategic plan for talent alignment, growth and succession, in support of both the projected needs of the teams in the future and the potential of team members
- High School Diploma required
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Prior experience leading, growing, and empowering product talent to develop a strategy and vision and incrementally deliver outcomes.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Human Capital Management, preferably at a SaaS provider
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications, a plus
- Experienced and preferred working in a player/coach role in which you regularly sought input from customers and other stakeholders (sales, service, partner teams), defined acceptance criteria, provided product direction to development team members and coached product owners through similar activities
- Eager to keep up with current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $134,999 - $212, 640/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.