Product Manager, LDT Oncology Business (Remote) at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve! We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.Position summary:
Are you passionate about precision oncology and improving access to personalized molecular detection tools for patients as well as individuals with a personal or family history of cancer?
As a Product Manager for our Oncology LDT business, you will be responsible for bringing new products through development and supporting their launch and commercialization, as well as supporting the lifecycle of existing Oncology tests. Your main responsibilities will include leading successful launches providing market input, identifying key portfolio/feature gaps, and prioritizing feature requirements in support of products designed to accelerate testing in oncology. You will interact with other departments including R&D, Sales, Project Management, Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Global and Regional Marketing, Medical Affairs, Customer Support and Finance to ensure that products successfully enter into the market and that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met.
This position may be worked remotely in the United States.Responsibilities:
- Champion the Voice of Customer (VOC) and assist with development of user needs relating to the development of the product.
- Use technical expertise and market feedback to bring new technologies and develop differentiated products that address the market’s unmet needs.
- Drive new products to market technically and commercially in partnership with all team members and departments while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Create and validate business cases for new market opportunities and proposals. This includes creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of VOC, product requirements, market analysis.
- Analyze and segment markets to determine compelling value proposition, competitive positioning, most desirable and critical product attributes and trade-offs, most appropriate pricing strategy and go to market business model by closely working with the Commercial teams.
- Partner with Global Marketing and Business Development to incorporate regional considerations in portfolio decisions and launch priorities.
- Ensure successful implementation of our go to market plans to accomplish customer adoption, use goals and financial objectives.
- Lead the customer focused process to define user workflow in different use settings and communicate this workflow to sub-teams for implementation.
- Actively monitor industry trends to understand the competitive environment and anticipate precision oncology market trends and demands. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and manage change (as appropriate) for in flight products.
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborations with R&D, Pharma BD, CMO, MSLs, Project Managers, Commercial, Regulatory, Software, Finance and other key functions and teams. Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department.
- 5+ years of combined experience in product management / commercial role with 3 of those years in the genomics or life science industry.
- Advanced degree(s) in life sciences (ie BSc or MS or PhD) required; MBA a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of next-generation sequencing workflows (sample to data) required.
- Solid understanding of hereditary disease and germline genetics, somatic oncology testing, interpretation of genetic testing results, and the current clinical trends, local standards of clinical care, and client expectations of products and services related to genetic testing for hereditary cancers.
- Solid understanding of the NGS and oncology market landscape and the research vital for clinical continuum, device development, and commercial strategy.
- Ability to lead by influence, taking multiple projects through a sophisticated development program are required.
- Experience working on LDT products is preferred.
- Experience working directly with key opinion leaders and conducting voice-of-customer research.
- 10% domestic and international travel.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company's success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.