Product Manager (Internal Tools) at Argyle
Argyle is a fast-growing remote-first Series A startup that has reimagined how we access and use employment data.
Renting an apartment, buying a car, refinancing a home, applying for a loan — the first question you'll often be asked is, "how do you make money?". Wouldn’t you think that information so foundational to our economy would be simple to manage, transfer and control? Well, it’s not!
Argyle is the easiest way for people to connect payroll accounts to any product or service, providing user-permissioned income and employment data. Businesses receive real-time access to this data via our API. Users exercise full control over how their data is accessed (unlike with legacy solutions Argyle replaces). In this way, our infrastructure powers access to better financial products for millions of people.
We're also a fun and passionate group, working remotely across 23 different countries and counting. Learn more about our team on our about page.
What will you do?
Argyle is looking for a PM who will own the growing suite of in-house tools that help power our product and business. Today, these consist of custom-built web interfaces as well as automations that help Argylers...
- Grow Argyle's coverage of employers and payroll providers and develop new data integrations more efficiently
- Enhance the quality of the data we provide access to
- Monitor the performance of our systems and business
- Automate and streamline aspects of the Data, Operations and Growth teams' day-to-day work
How this suite of tools evolves from here will be up to you. In partnership with key stakeholders in our Data, Operations and Growth functions, and working with a talented team of engineers and designers, you'll develop and execute on a roadmap that will allow Argyle to continue to exponentially scale our product and business.
What are we looking for?
- Experience PM-ing a technical product (bonus points if it's an API-first product)
- Analytical and strategic thinking. Prioritizing the right things to build will require digging into the details of how our systems work as well as thinking from first principles about the problems we're aiming to solve.
- A sense for intuitive and elegant solutions. Your internal customers immerse themselves day-to-day in the complicated worlds of payroll data feeds and client implementations. The internal tooling we create should offer a breath of fresh air by cutting to the core of problems and eliminating complexity wherever possible.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with people in a wide range of roles — engineering, design, QA, analytics, operations, and sales being the primary ones.
- A desire for ownership and autonomy. “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.”
- Remote-first, with flexible working hours and smart colleagues from around the world
- Significant equity in a fast-growing Series A startup
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- $1,000 equipment stipend (and your standard-issue MBP, of course)
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better this company will be.