Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and loT. The meaningful work we do gives property and business owners peace of mind, helps them conserve energy and water, and keeps them connected to loved ones. As a member of the Alarm.com Product Management team, you’ll have the chance to develop innovative solutions for our partners and more than 8 million subscribers worldwide.
Do you excel when you are in the middle of a challenging project? Thrive when things get complex? If you are someone who wants to work on interesting technologies and develop award winning consumer products while working with smart and collaborative team members, Alarm.com is for you!
Very few companies give you the opportunity to work across as broad a range of technologies as Alarm.com. We are looking to add a Product Manager II to our growing Alarm.com Hardware and Devices team, where you will be able to collaborate with engineering (hardware, firmware, software, and quality), marketing, sales, support team, as well as external partner companies to deliver innovative security and IoT solutions.
- Becoming the product expert and liaison for your area of expertise
- Owning the end-to-end experience for a product and its underlying features
- Communicating with members from each department to assess goals, priorities, and strategy
- Driving the product development life cycle - Writing product specifications, testing new features, managing beta programs, creating documentation and supporting existing products across Alarm.com’s interfaces (in-home panels, Web, iPhone, iPad, Android, and others).
- Develop and maintain relationships with Alarm.com technology partners, vendors, and customers
- Working with engineering to facilitate product feature development
- Understanding of how our technology works from the hardware in the home or business, to cloud-based data aggregation and distribution to user interfaces and third parties
- Ensuring that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met for your projects
- Working with engineering, support, sales, and high-profile partners to resolve product issues
- Managing the go-to-market strategy for new products – Collaborating with engineering, product designers, marketing, sales, and other teams, educating stakeholders, and delivering product presentations
- Conducting market research – Gathering feedback from customers and analyzing the market landscape
- Championing enhancements to existing products
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. from a competitive school with strong academic performance. Technical degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years of work experience in technology, product management, project management, or related fields
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self-starter with ability to deliver results
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to synthesize research to drive product strategy and decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for consumer technology and interest in developing a deep understanding of complex products and technologies
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of business, economics and/or finance
- Exposure to the following areas is a plus: hardware/electronics, cloud-based software, cellular/wireless technology, smart home automation.
- Previous experience in product lifecycle management, need-finding and customer interviews/feedback, and product requirements gathering is a plus
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.