Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are currently seeking a Product Manager within our mortgage business.
The Product Manager role is critical to the future success of the business, ensuring Flyhomes Mortgage and its people are able to deliver the highest level of client service. This role will be responsible for defining, building, and launching solutions supporting our mortgage closing and post-closing functions. This role will report to the Mortgage Senior Product Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Act as liaison between the business stakeholders, product/engineering teams, and 3rd party vendors.
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements and use cases to capture business needs and guide new strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate and scope requirements for feasibility, impact, and level of effort including upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Accountable for capturing and resolving action items, issues, and risks associated with assigned projects.
- Create epic, user stories and acceptance criteria for the delivery of new technology across the mortgage sales and processing phases.
- Manage the end user acceptance testing and validation process to ensure development and maintenance tasks meet business requirements.
- Support and drive the implementation and post-implementation change management processes including end user training, support, and impact analysis.
- Work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet deadlines and mortgage team goals
- Work with Mortgage Senior Product Manager to prioritize initiatives and deliver against long term mortgage product roadmap.
- Analyze and recommend new mortgage technology and offerings.
- Help define and deliver a new best in class e-closing experience
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years in either a program management capacity owning mortgage operations programs or as a closing/post-closing manager
- Demonstrated experience managing projects that drive closing quality, efficiency, or topline revenue results
- Posses a working knowledge of Encompass, Optimal Blue, Blend, Salesforce and other mortgage related software tools
- Process and efficiency obsessed: you love building processes at scale and are familiar with automation
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to remain up-to-date on technology in the mortgage industry
- Eager to take ownership of technology projects with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a track record of getting stakeholders to a solution
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, shift resources to critical projects and still deliver on time
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Influential: You thrive working in a fast-paced sales environment while having proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Critical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You utilize active listening skills and ensure that clients’ and colleagues feel heard.
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
This role is remote and can be located in any state where we are operating. We are currently operating in WA, OR, CO, CA, IL, UT, NC, MD, FL, AZ, NY, TX, NV, NJ, MN, PN, KY, VA, ID, SC with more to come!
At Flyhomes, we use compensation ranges based on US geographic locations which are grouped into 4 tiers. To determine the compensation difference by tiers, we use a pre-determined differential based on external market data. The salary band shown in this posting is the broadband that includes the hiring range for all tiers for the job posted. A job offer will be based on the salary band for a candidate’s specific geographic location at time of hire and commensurate with experience.
Salary band: $88,220 ~$132,000
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!