Title: Product Manager, HO3
Location: Austin, TX
Reporting to: VP/Director of Product Management
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We are looking for a Product Manager, HO3 who will be accountable for the profitable growth of the HO3 line of business and an assigned geographic region. This position will work closely with Actuarial, Sales and Distribution, Claims, Product Marketing, Insurance Strategy, and State Filings/Compliance/Legal, to develop line of business and state specific strategies to achieve growth and profit targets.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage contributors to profitable growth in assigned line of business and geographic region
- Ensure the execution of tactics developed to achieve growth and profit objectives through measurement of pre-established KPIs.
- Monitor key KPIs (loss ratio, frequency, severity, new business production, hit ratio, renewal retention, quality of business distributions, etc.) of state/line and react to positive/negative trends.
- Collaborate with Actuarial on rate plan development and execution including supporting rate, rule, and form filings.
- Reference AOP and State Mix plan to achieve a resilient, profitable, and growing portfolio.
- Manage the company strategy in assigned states.
- Oversee countrywide (or multi-state projects) related to assigned product line.
- Respond to regulatory changes within assigned states.
- Assist in prioritizing product and rate system projects.
- Partner with regional Sales team to develop and document producer management strategies.
- At least one year of experience managing a personal lines property line of business
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least five years of insurance experience
- Strong analytical skills supporting data driven decisions
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with a Top 20 Personal Lines Homeowners writer
- Prior underwriting or sales experience
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO policy
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Hippo Habitat - Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.