Product Manager - Distributed systems (m/f/x) at commercetools (Remote)
commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
commercetools has a global team of product managers from all over the world, and we believe our diversity is what makes us a great team. Together with our CPO, VP and Head of Product the enthusiastic team is defining the product vision, strategy and roadmap. If you are looking for a place where your contribution makes a difference, and if you never want to stop learning and growing - join our team.
As Product Manager – Distributed Systems, you are responsible for driving the vision and strategy for the multi-tenancy and authentication services behind commercetools Composable Commerce as well as our innovative API- and message-based extensibility functionality. We are looking for a product manager with a strong technical background, who loves exploring new opportunities in this space - Together with an outstanding team of engineers and in close contact with customers and partners.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the EU and in the UK.
- Research and innovate in the area of cloud native extensibility and API security, as part of a cross-functional product team
- Collaborate closely with your team to identify opportunities, discover effective solutions and deliver them to the market
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy in collaboration with product leadership and define the roadmap for your team
- Become a commercetools product expert and develop a deep understanding of our customers and users
- Be a part of the commercetools product management team and coordinate your work with product managers from other teams
- Shape your way of working - we believe in strong and independent teams
- Learn continuously from and with your colleagues and a leadership that is committed to your personal and professional growth
What you need to succeed:
- Experience working as a product manager on a technical product, or as technical lead / senior engineer with a strong sense of what brings value to customers
- A thorough understanding of cloud native extensibility use cases, and ideas for how to evolve those in the future
- General understanding of API authorization and multi-tenancy concepts
- Knowledge of and ideally experiences in product discovery techniques
- Experience working in an agile environment and in collaborative decision making
- Empathy in communicating with customers, users, team members, and a knack of finding the right level of technical detail when talking to customers and colleagues
- Good organizational skills and experience working with technical teams on an API-first product.
- Ideally, enjoy public speaking and writing about technical topics
- Excellent English communication skills
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Fruit baskets and kicker tables were yesterday - check out our benefits here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.