Product Manager - Deployment, Configuration and Observability Management at Uber
The Uber Infrastructure team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, Product Manager to run and scale Uber's Deployment and Configuration Platforms. In this role, you will work closely with software development teams to design and deliver high quality and robust platforms and products for the entire organization.
Successful candidates will be analytical, detail-orientated with excellent written, and verbal communication skills. You thrive in cross-functional environments and work backward from the needs of your customers and build solutions that scale.
About the Role
At Uber, we're working to be the top customer-centric service provider on earth. In this role, our customers are internal to Uber, and they rely on us to deliver all of Uber's Configuration services that serve everything we build for our Rider, Driver, Restaurants, and Couriers. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that a world-class configuration management system is available - when they need it, how they need it.
What You'll Do
- Create and lead a roadmap for key deployment and configuration management systems and platforms for Uber's business
- Operate across a wide range of configuration users at Uber - e.g. experimentation, service configuration, marketplace product configuration
- Operate across a wide range of deployment users at Uber - e.g. infrastructure, platforms, and product teams powering rides, eats, and other businesses.
- Apply ML to improve our key reliability metrics
- A customer empathetic mindset to drive requirements and adoption for such platforms
- Define business-critical metrics and excite teams to deliver on the promise at Uber
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance, and cost
- Align key stakeholders to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence
- Proactively identify and resolve issues to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals
- Engage with Uber executives through regular updates
- 4+ years of product management in building large scalable platforms
- An ability to provide clear direction set measurable goals, and give insight on industry trends to the leadership team
- Strong analytical abilities to use data to support decision making
- Experimental mindset and use metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities
- Data examination and operationalization skills (SQL, building operational dashboards)
- Background in Production Engineering, Configuration Management, Monitoring and Logging solutions deployed at hyper scale
- Past experience in deployment automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, AWS CodeDeploy, Puppet etc.