Product Manager - Data Programs Slingshot at Protocol Labs (Remote)
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
The programs focus on:
- Expediting the onboarding of useful datasets onto the Filecoin network to power all sorts of different use cases
- Trail-blaze, generate learnings and byproducts that can be used by others in their path to onboard large swaths of data
You can learn about the existing programs and more at:
- https://slingshot.filecoin.io. A community competition for storage clients and developers that rewards the storage of real, valuable, and usable data on the Filecoin network
- https://evergreen.filecoin.io. A renewal program to create a self-healing record of useful datasets
- https://slingshot.filecoin.io/explore. The Slingshot Dataset Explorer to identify and locate datasets on the Filecoin network, onboarded through the Slingshot program
- https://store.filecoin-discover.com. An acceleration program to store humanity’s important data on Filecoin
- Engage deeply with the engineering teams building technical breakthrough solutions and the communities that make them run!
- Define feedback systems and product strategy to inform this engineering work and maximize impact
- Facilitate the work of our early builders and developers through partnering with agencies
- Communicate development team progress to key stakeholders in the broader Filecoin community
- Collect and synthesize community feedback to guide engineering priorities and product strategy
- Organize and participate in community governance, public presentations, and go to market execution
- Experience building products & communities in open source projects
- Run go to market strategies successfully or operations management for developer ecosystems / APIs
- Strong written communication skills in short form, medium form, and long form
- Strong public communication and stakeholder management
- Experience with Web3 go to market strategy
- Familiarity with smart contract technologies and/or crypto-related projects.
- A level of comfort speaking at conferences and developer summits.
- Experience running events & early adopter programs for developers
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.