Product Manager, Data & Integrations (Remote) at Mentor Collective
About Mentor Collective
Mentor Collective is the industry-leading provider of mentoring programs and voted in the Top 100 Best Remote Companies to work for in 2022!
As the leading provider of impact-driven mentoring programs, we partner with 100+ higher education institutions to provide all students with a relevant, trained peer, professional, or alumni mentor with a total of more than 180,000+ mentorships created since our inception in 2015.
Our Team and Opportunity
The Mentor Collective Product team is responsible for understanding the needs and pain points of our customers, imagining and creating something new, and bringing those things to market. Our work today is largely focused on improving and scaling our technology and services that enable the effective matching of mentors and mentees, foster the continued, meaningful engagement between them, and provide deep insights into student sentiment allowing our customers to enhance their support capabilities.
This role will focus on creating programmatic technical solutions for customers and participants allowing us to extend our reach and impact while solving business problems. At Mentor Collective, Product Managers work as part of small, cross-functional teams – consisting of a dedicated product manager, a UI/UX designer, and 2-4 engineers – that are each focused on 1-2 high level product, business, or technical outcomes. As the Product Manager helping to guide one of these teams, you will be leading initiatives such as:
- Building the foundations for the customer service technical ecosystem - including a customer-facing integration layer by working closely with engineering, product managers, data scientists, designers, and our Services organization.
- Creating and enhancing components and services to support our implementations in a scalable way (eg: user data syncing between MC and customer systems).
- Partnering closely with our Services organization to build out implementation and data sharing workflows and processes that are scalable.
This is an exciting opportunity because:
- Business fundamentals are extremely strong (90% renewal rate, 125% revenue renewal rate, >80% growth in 2021, regular >60 NPS), so your leadership and delivery will positively affect the lives of thousands of mentors and mentees
- Strong culture of autonomy and accountability. You and your team are empowered to make decisions and achieve the quarterly goals you help set.
- Incredible opportunity to directly impact traditionally under-served populations, such as first-generation students.
- As a Product Manager of a high-growth company, there are many opportunities to collaborate with, lead, and strategize with all corners of the company.
Where You Come In
Within 3-6 months, you will be successful at:
- Sharing and your first vision, strategy and roadmap for all aspects of the customer and target system experience
- Synthesizing your work with internal stakeholders and external customers to define and prioritize features (including integration customers) based on growth forecasts
- Driving execution and impact, delivering products through the design, development, and testing process
- Creating use cases, prioritize feature requirements, and provide clear feature benefits with proper detail for engineering, as well as sales and marketing
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Guiding and sharing a team culture that balances diverse perspectives and empowers each other to do great work
- Advocating for best practices by leveraging your experience and bringing your ideas to the team.
Things You Bring With You
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Strong technical skills and experience working with data integrations, APIs, and enterprise clients
- Deep understanding of user research methodologies and empathy for internal and external users of our systems
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (design, engineering, data science, business development, marketing)
- Data-driven decision making – you know how to leverage data to identify opportunities, paint a narrative, and make informed choices
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and relationship building skills
- An entrepreneur at heart. You love to move quickly and value scrappiness
- High degree of accountability and ownership
- High-energy, determined, and excited to roll up your sleeves
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Remote Working Expectations:
Note: We are a remote-only company. We currently welcome any U.S.-based candidates who are interested in working remotely, with an opportunity to meet in person when it is safe to do so at least 1-2x/year sponsored by the company.
- U.S. work authorization (sorry, no sponsorships at this time)
- 75% EST working hours overlap
- Prior full-time remote experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- 100% remote company
- 6 Medical plans. One medical plan is 100% employer covered
- 5 Dental/Vision plans
- HSA, FSA, Dependent FSA options
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum requirement for employees
- Company-wide winter break PTO (paid time off)
- 401k benefits
- Annual continued professional budget to be spent at your discretion
- Stipend for WFH office set up
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work remotely while traveling
You are welcome at Mentor Collective
Mentor Collective welcomes any and all people, embracing their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religion and perspective. We want to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that reflects the very students and universities we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.