BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate, and grow their businesses online. As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using Bigcommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Customers team at BigCommerce and help us on our journey to redefine shopper experiences for our merchant's customers. You will partner and learn from not only our internal teams but also our rich ecosystem of tech partners and agencies.
As a Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to be a strategic thinker, a problem solver and a leader to identify, validate and develop innovative and pragmatic solutions in the retail world. You’ll have the opportunity to be mentored by product leaders and other senior executives in the organization and get active support from the wider product practice with 50+ people.Objectives
- Empower merchants to create effective shopping experiences by segmenting shoppers for a variety of purposes, such as discounting and promotions
- Reimagine how we help merchants manage their shoppers across B2C and B2B online stores
- Enable merchants to have a holistic view of the shopper so they can improve the shopper’s experience by leveraging behaviors, motivations and product preferences
What you’ll do
- Evolve our product strategy and roadmap and lead the execution
- Build stakeholder alignment with the leaders across the organization to ensure that the initiatives you drive align with the strategic vision of the product and the broader company objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple functions to deliver results; product marketing, strategic business development, legal, product design, project management, ux research, and engineering
- Lead a high performing agile team; leverage best practices and actively evolve them
- Manage the product lifecycle from opportunity definition to launch that deliver experiences that are simple, easy to use, and help our merchants grow
- Partner with product design on UI designs and engineering on API designs
- You’ll need to work during hours that are conducive to people in Australia and the United States. Your engineering team will be based in Australia, but many of your cross functional partners are in the United States. Beyond that, work hours are flexible.
Who you are
- 3+ years of product management experience working on a SaaS product or 5+ years of related experience that prepares you well for your first role in product management
- You build trust with all areas of the business by taking end-to-end ownership and consistently setting transparent goals and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Go-getter, self-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to think strategically.
- Approachable, open-minded, enthusiastic and a team player.
- Your team loves working with you because you lead with passion, compassion, ambition, inspiration and motivation.
- Ability to influence others to get things done
- Grit, resilience, and persistence. When challenges present themselves, you stay cool under pressure and you persist through.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity and external dependencies
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey concepts to technical and non-technical people in a clear and unambiguous manner.
Experience in one or more of the following would be beneficial:
- Working on platforms or API products
- Working in the ecommerce space
- Working on business to business SaaS software
- Popular marketing, merchandising or CDP providers (e.g. Bloomreach, Klevu, Segment, Tealium, Emarsys, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Acquia).
- Developing products that are compliant with data privacy laws, such as GDPR.
- Leveraging machine learning or other relevant academic experience with machine learning
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.