Product Manager, Creator at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
You’ll join a nimble, fast-moving product team, collaborating cross-functionally with design, engineering, community and marketing teams to bring Public’s mission to life. You’ll report to the Director of Product - Social working to identify opportunities and manage the product roadmap to support and empower content in the app! You will incorporate data, research, and product sense to inform product design and strategy while balancing prioritization for an agile team.Who you are:
- Experience as a Product Manager shipping innovative, impactful mobile products from discovery to launch - having social platform experience is a plus
- Uncanny attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently
- Understanding of and experience with agile methodologies and rituals
- Experience in crafting product requirements and communicating to engineers
- Passionate about user experience and solving problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with data analytics tools: SQL, Mixpanel, Segment, etc.
- Comfortable writing product specs and documentation (e.g. Confluence, Notion, etc.)
- Familiarity with product tools: Jira, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, Monday, etc.
- Experience working with a global team
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.