Product Manager - Core Services at Chainalysis (Washington DC or Remote)
The Chainalysis team aims to build trust in blockchains by using our market-leading data platform and analytical capabilities to make cryptocurrency safe for humans, trusted by banks, and endorsed by governments. Our products have been used by government agencies, exchanges, financial institutions, and insurance and cybersecurity companies to solve some of the world’s most high-profile cyber criminal cases and grow consumer access to cryptocurrency safely.
We are looking for a Product Manager in our Core Services group, who will be responsible for envisioning and building a greenfield project designed to attract a broader group of crypto players to the Chainalysis ecosystem, from web3 developers to defi traders to NFT enthusiasts. This product will further Chainalysis’ vision to build trust in blockchains. In particular, you will work with a team of brilliant software engineers and product designers to first build the key identity and access management workflows for our products and then continue to envision improved workflows and experiences for our administrators.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- Through many customer conversations, you have developed a deep understanding of our customers’ admin and user management needs and have translated this into a roadmap to transform the way our customers use our products.
- You’ve established a leadership group with engineering, design, analytics, and other cross-functional teams to ensure that your teams are set up for success.
- You have set clear OKRs for the team, received buy-in from your stakeholders, and started delivering against those OKRs. You understand the controllable inputs into the team’s OKRs.
- You have created several clearly-written PRDs and launched new features in our products.
- You’ve worked closely with our marketing and sales teams to ensure successful launches.
- You’ve developed build-measure-learn loops to understand the impact of your team’s work.
- You have successfully presented a long-term strategy to senior leadership and have their buy-in to execute.
- You’ve had positive contributions to the growth and success of your teammates in Chainalysis’ Product team
A background like this helps:
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline.
- True customer obsession! You go out of your way to talk to customers and solve their problems because it’s what gets you out of bed in the morning
- Experience in building crypto or web3 products (e.g., DeFi, NFTs, etc)
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Track record of managing product development cycles and working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize projects (ideation to launch) while keeping a key focus on improving metrics
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills still delivering timely results.
- A Just Do It attitude and ability to move with urgency and customer obsession.
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of the company, not just the team. Never heard of the words “not my job”.
The following would differentiate you:
- Experience in the crypto industry and/or understanding of blockchain data.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.