Rescale (@rescaleinc) is the leading hybrid cloud platform delivering intelligent computing for digital R&D, and enabling more than 300 customers from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises to accelerate design cycles and time to market. Founded by former Boeing aerospace engineers, Rescale gives research scientists and engineers the ability to automate their workflows across simulation and artificial intelligence applications, fully automated and performance optimized against the best high performance computing architectures.
Using Rescale, industry leaders are accelerating new chip designs, enabling computational drug discovery, powering the design of new rockets and supersonic jets, and building a sustainable energy future.
Rescale’s product spans several areas. First is Cloud Automation, including lifecycle automation of simulation software & license management (catalog of 300+ ISV and open-source simulation tools), and cloud infrastructures from all the major leading cloud providers. Second is R&D Operations, enabling faster time to market for new products with workflow automation, secure multi-team collaboration, and simulation performance optimization. Third is Business Management, to help IT/HPC leaders gain economic visibility, cost control, and optimization of HPC services across projects and business units enterprise-wide.
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our team! Areas you will cover can include cloud automation, storage and data management, intelligent performance optimization, R&D automation, business management, and core cloud control plane operations.
At Rescale, this means you will work on and impact:
- Take your knowledge of how cloud service providers work, and drive Rescale cloud automation to the next level. Areas include developing customer-centric storage solutions for hybrid and multi-cloud use cases, defining our path towards container-based high performance computing workloads.
- Define the product roadmap for key aspects of the Rescale platform so we are prioritizing capabilities and features that drive customer value and business growth.
- Engage with customers to understand and empathize with their problems, lead and challenge their thinking, identify opportunities we should tackle together, and gather continuous feedback.
- Define and scope iterations of new capabilities, creating user stories, and engaging with development and engineering to identify how we can deliver value quickly (e.g., with MVPs) and continuously improve capabilities.
- Be the CEO of your product area. This means identifying investment areas, and prioritizing use cases and product capabilities based on business impact. It also means owning the delivery, field enablement, customer understanding and commercial success of your product.
- Represent Rescale with analysts, press & media.
What we’re looking for:
- Self-starter. Able to hit the ground running, and be successful in a startup environment where things have not been laid out for you.
- Have an outcome-driven mindset.
- You start with the outcome and work backwards on what we need to accomplish to get there.
- Are a highly structured problem solver and communicator.
- Have 3-5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Have a Bachelor's degree with technical and/or business emphasis.
About your team at Rescale and who you will work with:
- Manager: Edward Hsu, Chief Product Officer
- Team: Wade Heninger, and others in the product, design, & marketing teams.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
More Information on Rescale
Rescale operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Rescale was founded in 2011. It has 211 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and 401(K). To see all 38 open jobs at Rescale, click here.
Read Full Job Description