Product Manager, Care at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
This goal infuses every part of what we do - from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As a Product Manager for the Servicing team, you’ll build the tools, systems, and workflows that make the customer service experience world class. Your contribution to the product roadmap allows us to operate at global scale and serve millions of users at just a fraction of the cost!
We power our best-in-class servicing experiences with Salesforce Service Cloud and have a deep empathy for our internal users and end customers. This role is responsible for setting the product strategy for Salesforce resolutions and our contact channels platform in order to leverage Salesforce’s powerful capabilities. You’ll focus on the following:
- optimizing the way our customers contact us and interact with our customer care team,
- owning business critical metrics such as servicing cost, customer satisfaction, and risk reduction and 3) supporting strategic launches ensuring customers have easy access to our customer care team for all new product offerings.
This role works closely with customer service agents, our operations team, and many other cross-functional partners.What You'll Do
- Develop empathy for Affirm customers and internal users at a deep level
- Improve customer support outcomes for consumers by building robust self-service features within our help center, chatbot, phone IVR, mobile apps, and user portal across our ecosystem.
- Launch features that empower our agents to provide fast, effective, and empathetic service for our customers.
- Partner closely with our large Operations team to define the roadmap for optimizing customer contacts through channels like live chat, secure messaging, and phone within the Salesforce servicing framework.
- Become an authority on all aspects of our customer care process
- Create the strategy scaling our Salesforce servicing process and tools for the next $50 billion in loan originations
- Collaborate across functions such as engineering, design, operations, legal, compliance, and product to successfully launch and scale our products
- 1+ years of product management experience
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud; certifications are not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with internal Operations partners
- Experience delivering strong customer and internal user product experiences
- A “get-things-done” attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.