Product Manager, Automated Support, Customer Obsession at Uber
What the Candidate Will Do
- Define the roadmap and lead the execution of solutions to improve the discoverability of the appropriate help solutions for customers. This includes working with various product teams and data scientists to predict customer intent by leveraging various trip signals and customer data.
- Work closely with a massive global community operations organization to build efficient and scalable customer support experiences
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, user behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber management, and employees
- This role demands real passion for the customer, great data analysis depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backwards
- Excellent data analysis skills and data-driven decision-making ability
- Experience delivering highly successful web or mobile products with your signature all over them
- Excellent understanding of Mobile & Web development and automation technologies
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn
What the Candidate Will Do
- Experience with customer care/support a significant plus
- A computer science/data science undergraduate degree or other technical degree is highly desirable
- Experience with ML, NLP, AI, a significant plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.