Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Product Manager - Analytics
In this role, you will work directly with the Product team and cross-functional stakeholders across Strategy, Design, Engineering, and Business Development to leverage data to ensure we’re focused on the biggest initiatives. You will be responsible for delivering actionable analysis and insights that will directly influence Gemini’s product roadmap globally and offer data-driven recommendations on the next generation of market offerings. You will track, monitor and report on product performance and broader industry and macro trends. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of and passion for the crypto and financial services industries, and is an expert in communication, data analysis, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Be a key industry expert with deep insight into the crypto industry, Gemini, and its peers, globally
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on product rollouts, existing customers, and market and competitive trends alike
- Perform analysis in the areas of market opportunities and trends, customer demographics, market size, competitors, penetration, and business impact.
- Communicate recommendations and actionable insights to a diverse array of global stakeholders, supporting Gemini’s focus on data-driven decisions and prioritization based on impact
- Work with third parties, such as market research agencies, to undertake more detailed analysis and research (as required).
- 3+ years of related experience in product management, product strategy, data analysis, market or competitive intelligence, management consulting, or market research, preferably in the crypto or financial services field
- Ability to strategically synthesize complex information and data and communicate it as implementable recommendations, through superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in modeling and analytics, including spreadsheet modeling, knowledge of SQL, and open source analytical tools such as Python or R
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong SQL abilities
- Analytics experience with Python or R
- Previous experience working in a Financial Services environment, preferably within Fintech
- Experience in/familiarity with: the crypto exchange ecosystem, crypto custody technology, financial exchange and/or brokerage operations, and systems that perform trade clearing and settlement
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.