We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
About Design Systems
The Design Systems team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products across the entirety of the company. We’re building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
As a Product Illustrator you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by building scalable illustration systems across our suite of products, that help people understand how to use cryptocurrency. You’ll work closely with Product Designers and our Product and Engineering teams to help build simple, easy-to-use experiences that express the Coinbase brand and values.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help define our visual product language, and evolve our icon systems and guidelines guidelines.
- Own the end-to-end icon system design process across our product features from initial concepting and ideation, to Engineering implementation support, and final production.
- Partner closely with Product Design, UX Research, Product Management, and Engineering to help define our product strategy and execute on our product roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with our Brand Design team to translate the expression of our brand identity into our user experiences.
- Build & implement Illustration team processes.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of professional iconography systems experience.
- Strong portfolio of iconography and systems work in a variety of contexts, with a focus on digital product experiences.
- Experience building scalable visual design systems with detailed specifications and documentation.
- Experience creating icons for consumer-facing digital experiences for web and mobile applications.
- Experience working in a collaborative, iterative product team with Engineers, Product Managers, UX Researchers, and Product Designers.
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator and Figma.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Low ego, team-oriented, positive attitude, and open-minded.
Nice to haves:
- Motion Design experience, working with After Effects and animation frameworks such as Lottie
- Experience working with prototyping tools
- Knowledge of HTML and working with SVGs
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $165,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.