Dropbox Core is the cross-functional organization responsible for improving every aspect of the the Dropbox product experience. Our Engineers are building better sync experiences, great mobile clients, intuitive fast search results, desktop clients, deep operating system integrations, crisp modern web experiences, and exciting new products and features. We’re a globally distributed team, and we’re looking for engineers who are excited about the flexibility and opportunities created by Virtual First.
As a Product Engineer for Dropbox Core, you will be part of a high performing team, building great product experiences at scale, with countless opportunities to make an impact. If performance, accessibility, experimentation, or talking to customers gets you excited, you're the type of engineer we're looking for.
We're hiring folks who build software on the frontend, the backend, the web, desktop, or mobile. The technologies we build with and teach at Dropbox include Python, TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin, React, Go, and Rust (but not all at the same time). We use a mix of internally built and maintained systems to support our ridiculous scale, and best in industry standard tooling. We're deployed both in our own (carbon neutral) data-centers, and in the public cloud, with points of presence around the world. You can learn more about what we’re up to on our tech blog.
Excited about changing the future of work or just a long-time Dropbox customer with a passion to make the product better? Please apply now as we might have the perfect opportunity for you!Responsibilities
- You will work on a team that designs and builds software reaching millions of daily users.
- You will partner with Product Managers, Designers and Analysts to deeply understand the needs of our customers and build a product that serves those needs.
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will support your fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
- We are hiring for a wide range of levels: IC2-IC5, M3-M5
- You have built and shipped successful applications, be that on web, desktop or mobile, with a user-empathetic mindset.
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Writes well-structured, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and teach others
- Alignment with Dropbox’s values.