Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
- As one of the first members of the products analytics team, you will be responsible for driving data-driven decision making within Product. You will handle data and reporting requests from Product Managers and Designers, develop analyses in SQL, build dashboards in Looker, continue the roll out of Public’s analytics infrastructure, and identify unique insights to drive growth and retention.
- A burning passion for data and analytics
- Desire to develop customer insights
- Expertise in SQL, Python/R, BI Tools (Looker)
- Experience with Segment/Amplitude
- Experience with modern data pipelines and warehousing platforms (Snowflake, DBT)
- Passionate about user experience and solving problems
- Strong communication skills
- Experience dealing with financial services or social media products
- Experience performing cohort analyses
- Experience transforming raw data into consumable data models
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent engineering degree
- Desire to help make investing accessible to everyone!
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.