Product Analyst, Composition of Matter - Characterize Product at Merck
New hires in office-based roles in the U.S. & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We partner internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Research and Development Sciences (RaDS) value team in R&D IT brings together product management, engineering, and data science expertise to enable data and technology products and services that accelerate our scientists' ability to discover and develop innovative medicines that change the course of human health.
We are seeking an energetic and collaborative person to join the R&D IT RaDS Product organization. As a Product Analyst in the Composition of Matter - Characterize Product you will plan and execute projects involving the suite of applications that collectively allow scientists to efficiently characterize chemical and biological modalities to determine their identify, quality, composition, and physical characteristics in support of the research & development pipeline.
The Product Analyst works on cross-functional teams that bring together science, technologies, capabilities, and talent to create products that deliver high impact business value, insight, and a fantastic user experience to scientists throughout the life cycle of the solution.
- Maintain assigned applications as product owner throughout their lifecycles
- Maintain a high level of relevant scientific, workflow, & technology domain knowledge
- Know the associated user base and their challenges as well as they do
- Appreciate the external landscape and make comparisons that help make product decisions
- Work with the Composition of Matter - Characterize Product Manager to establish OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Execute assigned work in the Composition of Matter - Characterize backlog & roadmap, including:
- Product discovery
- Developing user stories
- Product & resource planning
- Technology evaluations & recommendations
- Completing software development lifecycle (SDLC) requirements
- Delivering viable solutions that meet scientist expectations and adhere to standards
Work Environment: Hybrid (partially remote, partially in office)
- B.A./B.S. in a scientific discipline (organic, physical, or analytical chemistry or formulation science) or a technical discipline such as computer science
- Minimum of 3 years in technology or scientific product development related to the manufacture and/or characterization of chemical or biological products
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, ability to work in matrixed environments, eagerness to learn, and drive for data-driven decision making.
- Experience with Jira, Jira Align, OKR tools (e.g., Workboard), Confluence, and Agile methodologies (scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Experience with manufacture and/or characterization of drug substance and/or drug product in an GMP environment
- Awareness of current industry trends in science and/or technology used to aid the manufacture and/or characterization of pharmaceutical materials
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: