ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
Product Innovators at Thrive Market source, develop, and bring to market our industry-leading private label foods and consumer products. Where do you get the best non-GMO, organic Quinoa? What's the development cycle for non-toxic household cleaner? As a Product innovator at Thrive you'll be on the front lines helping us bring healthy, affordable, high-quality products to the masses.
We are growing our team and looking for a Food Product Innovator for our Thrive Market Private Label. The right person for the job will take pride in developing the absolute best products and be of a mission-driven mindset. Collaboration and communication skills are key, as the role requires inputs from pretty much every team at Thrive Market including Branded Merchandise, Marketing and Creative just to name a few. We will be developing hundreds of Thrive Market products in the coming months, so we are looking for folks with drive, hustle and prior industry experience.
- Identify, develop, and direct merchandise private label opportunities in conjunction with the VP, Brand Manager, and Branded Merchandise
- BuyersIdentify and provide sourcing assistance for current and potential new private label items
- Establish, oversee, and direct product specifications, quality, and inspection protocol to Thrive Market standards
- Perform regular quarterly review of current merchandise mix sales and suggested program enhancements
- Create and manage a Private Label item merchandise development target list and timelines with on time performance
- Coordinate and create buying volume purchasing leverage synergies between Thrive Market and suppliers
- Coordinate with internal demand planning and suppliers' expected purchasing forecasts and packing needs
- Review and report required actions on actual versus forecasted purchases
- Conduct onsite review of supplier facilities and abilities with support of the VP and other personnel where applicable
- Coordinate with compliance and legal to ensure packaging meets all requirements for legal import and/or sale
- 5+ years of food buying or product development experience
- Natural relationship builder: you know how to communicate and interact with buying, logistics, design, product registration, legal, compliance, and vendors in a professional, positive and pro-active manner
- Proven ability (through examples) to negotiate effectively
- Highly organized and deadline driven: you can manage multiple projects to on-time and in-budget completionUnderstanding of startup dynamics: you possess an innate sense of urgency
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Energized by team environments!
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Learning & Development Training programs through Udemy
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 million members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist you.
© Thrive Market 2021 All rights reserved.