Principal Product Managers at goPuff serve as product owners in our most complex and impactful domains, working directly with elite technology teams to solve the company's hardest problems. In addition to leading your cross-functional teams to meet roadmap objectives, you will be expected to take on high-visibility projects that influence priority objectives throughout the company. You will become a domain expert and proactively drive innovation in your area of ownership, and as a leader on the Product Management team, you will also push the thinking of your peers and leaders across the company. Success in this role will be measured through impact to the business; you will directly influence goPuff's unit economics, customer satisfaction, and frequency drivers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success solving highly complex and impactful problems, working both hands-on and as a coalition builder. This is the type of person who would be tapped to build the next generation of AR/VR products, or design the next fuel management algorithm for NASA. You are agile enough to understand and build for a best-in-class customer experience while optimizing across growth, experience, and cost outcomes. You are deep enough to make what we build today also be a stepping stone for a massive leap forward tomorrow. And you definitely have what it takes to build products that can scale faster than one of the quickest growing tech companies in the country.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an even blend of technical and commercial Product Management skills, spike high on logical and quantitative complexity, and show strong data analysis fluency. This position reports to the Head of Product Management - Operations
- Lead the customer discovery, solutioning, and implementation for areas of ownership
- Understand user and business needs; identify and define product requirements
- Drive product development with a world-class team of Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver impact for our business and users
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners and Leadership/Executive team. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Communicate complex technical systems to broader stakeholders to facilitate good business decisions for the marketplace
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution Set aggressive yet realistic and practical goals for the team with clear objectives regarding measurement, results, and accountability of actions.Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future productsFoster a culture of data informed decision making
- 8+ years of experience in technical product management with a focus on building world class digital consumer products
- Technical background; 2+ years industry experience as an engineer, data scientist, or related quantitative role strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create an environment that fosters data-driven experimentation at high velocity
- A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- Outcome oriented leader who asks hard questions, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex situations
- Exposure to machine learning and linear/polynomial programming and optimizations; direct experience in these types of products a huge plusExperience building 0-to-1 products
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.
We also offer:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it-stuff happens. But that's where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we're assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you're hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.