Principal Technical Product Manager at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Own a suite of products, define long-term product strategy and vision, and drive strategic product communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
- Own and drive the development of technical products, engage with engineers in discussing technical designs and approaches, bonus for having knowledge on how Voice and Messaging interactions work.
- Define product roadmaps that align to customer needs and LivePerson business goals.
- Build consensus for the product vision within the team and with key partners
- Leading market research and requirements deep dives, including conversations with customers and business partners
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with sales and marketing, engineers, user experience designers and data scientists
- Understand the customer/business requirements and translate them to elegant/flexible/easy-to-use platform capabilities.
- Determine and prioritize product requirements based on the needs of consumers and brands
- Actively work with Customer Support and Solution teams to handle customer inquiries and minimize escalations
- Possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
- A multiplier; have a passion for working together as a team and ensuring team members’ succeed
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable with leading customer discussion, meeting with customers under pressure, articulating the technical value proposition to technical & non-technical audiences & influence at different organizational levels including senior management
- Communicate effectively – demonstrate clarity of thought in writing & presentations to customers and executives
- Develop business requirements, key metrics & user stories that designers & engineers can build on
- Ideate, brainstorm & communicate through vision docs/presentations, specs & UX wireframes where appropriate
- Help teams prioritize and make trade-offs re user experience, business impact and technical scale
- Lead cross-functional teams (design, analysts/data scientists, engineering, service engineering) across multiple geographies through execution of product roadmap
- Represent the product in internal service reviews & help identify ongoing investment opportunities & areas for improvement
- Represent the team/product in industry settings such as product launches & expert conferences.
You should be an expert in:
- BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- MBA or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a consumer or developer focused product management role.
- Experiences in launching multiple large scale product end to end
- Knowledge of web application frameworks and experience with cloud services.
- Knowledge of voice and messaging technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively – demonstrate clarity of thought in writing & presentations
- Ability to communicate with technical & non-technical audiences & influence at different organizational levels.
- Effective at collaborating across boundaries & job families with multiple stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to make things happen.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.