Online shopping has changed. Today's eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
SamCart is looking for a collaborative, strategic, and passionate Principal Product Manager to lead our growing Payments team. You will join a cross-functional team of designers, engineers and QA to build category-defining e-commerce checkout and financial products for digital product sellers. You will leverage your deep knowledge of payments systems to develop SamCart 's finance API in close collaboration with leading payment processors. You will also spearhead cutting-edge financial services projects such as fraud detection, risk management and micro loans. In the process, you will build meaningful relationships across our organization, earning the trust you need to take moonshots. This work will dramatically impact SamCart 's growth, revenue, and success, and empower our customers to grow their businesses on SamCart .
- Learn about and become an expert in our business through building relationships with senior executives and company leadership, interviewing customers, performing qualitative and quantitative research, and collecting and analyzing data.
- Develop our multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for all Payments and Financial products.
- Consistently advocate for security and reliability commensurate with risk associated with financial products.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Identify opportunities to improve our platform's ability to drive e-commerce sales and develop innovative products to capitalize on and maximize those opportunities.
- Conduct continuous experimentation to develop and validate new hypotheses and ensure positive impact on product KPIs.
- Mentor and coach team members, fostering alignment in strategy and values.
- Track record of building and utilizing APIs, financial products, and complex systems at scale.
- Ability to craft a compelling vision and gain support and alignment from cross-functional partners.
- Expertise in modern product discovery and delivery techniques.
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems and make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on software architecture.
- Data-driven by default, with demonstrated proficiency using analytics and A/B testing tools to influence decision-making.
- At least 6 years of professional product management experience at modern technology or SaaS companies, with direct experience in payments processing, banking, credit cards, EMV, or other relevant FinTech ventures.
This is what you'll love about SamCart
Our co-founders always say "Their success is our success" and we believe that about our people too! We want everyone to love their job at least 80% of the time and when you are successful, the whole team is successful.
- Each team has one offsite Hub Week per quarter to collaborate with team members (and others!) and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire from and for a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We have unlimited PTO with an encouraged 14-day minimum to empower our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their day-to-day lives.
- Yay, we have 401K!
- Health Insurance premiums are covered 100% by SamCart for you +1, be it a significant other or child.
- Supportive Parental leave policies for all parents
- Career growth and development are essential here at SamCart and we want all team members to build sustainable, future-proof and adaptable careers.
- Self-Care is important, which is why we offer a monthly wellness credit.
Our Core Values
Be Transparent - We communicate openly, thrive on feedback, and check our egos at the door.
Be Human - We operate with compassion and always assume positive intent.
Be an Owner - We are all owners of the business. We take pride in our work and know that the success of our customers and the business contributes to our individual success.
Be Creative and Commit - We collaborate, create resourceful solutions, and work as a team to get it done.
Be You - We are stronger together because of the unique qualities we each bring to the team. We believe in balance, making time for fun, and enjoying the work we do!