Principal Product Manager
Full-Time Permanent position
<<<<< Fully Remote >>>>>
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
As Principal Product Manager within LivePerson’s Conversational AI organization, you will work alongside product leadership, product managers, UX designers, and engineering. You will have an opportunity to work across LivePerson’s newest products, driving change and setting standards in how conversations are managed to meet conversational needs of brands and consumers.
This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial product leader to think big, set a vision for the future that will disrupt the industry, and execute with support from the highest levels of the LivePerson organization. The candidate must be able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving environment that relies on lightweight processes to deliver a huge impact.
In this role you will:
- Own a suite of products, define long-term product strategy and vision, and drive strategic product communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
- Own and drive the development of technical products, engage with engineers in discussing technical designs and approaches, bonus for having knowledge on how Voice and Messaging interactions work.
- Define product roadmaps that align to customer needs and LivePerson business goals.
- Build consensus for the product vision within the team and with key partners.
- Leading market research and requirements deep dives, including conversations with customers and business partners
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with sales and marketing, engineers, user experience designers and data scientists.
- Understand the customer/business requirements and translate them to elegant/flexible/easy-to-use platform capabilities.
- Determine and prioritize product requirements based on the needs of consumers and brands.
- Possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable with presenting to executive leadership, leading customer discussions, articulating value propositions to technical & non-technical audiences & influence at different organizational levels including senior management.
- Lead cross-functional teams (design, engineering, product) across multiple geographies through execution of product roadmap.
- Represent the product in internal service reviews & help identify ongoing investment opportunities & areas for improvement.
- Represent the team/product in industry settings such as product launches & expert conferences.
- Mentor and coach other product managers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ‘Make Things Happen’ approach
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or 3+ years experience in related technical field
- MBA or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 8+ years of progressive product management experience and a proven record of success at large scale B2B products
- Experience in working in a data-driven environment (A/B testing; KPIs’ Tracking, Analytics, etc.)
- A decision-maker that can weigh trade-offs and build, buy or partner scenarios
- Experience working with Natural Language and/or Dialog Management Systems
- Knowledge of ML fundamentals and standard packages
- Proven track record in managing Full Life Cycle Solution Delivery projects in short delivery cycles with agile/lean methodologies
- Innovative pragmatic dreamer with a passion for both product strategy and execution
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Being customer and consumer-obsessed
- Experience mentoring and fostering product excellence within a team
- Effective at collaborating across boundaries & job families with multiple stakeholders.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.