Principal Product Manager at H-E-B
As a Principal Product Manager, you'll develop products that ensure a compelling digital experience for our retail Customers, or help arm H-E-B Partners company-wide with world-class business applications to thrive in their jobs. You'll collaborate with business customers to cultivate an intimate understanding of their needs and technology, and then you'll drive the entire technology project lifecycle to make our digital tools work, whether they're for Customers in our Stores or in workplaces across the Company. You'll also lead a team of internal consultants.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you can see the world through customers' eyes in order to crystalize problems
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... radical thinking paired with strong execution; you envision a world different than the status quo and can articulate a clear path to get there
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you push to drive positive change in your team, within the department, and beyond
We're looking for someone who:
- can envision / plan for multiple years into the future
- can apply sensitivity and tact to maneuver complex organizational situations, through formal and informal channels
What is the work?
Design & Development / Strategy / Project Management:
- Manages activities that drive product development and delivery with Company-wide impact; serves as dedicated owner of a large set of related products, typically strategically- or thematically-related, or of entire platform(s)
- Serves as expert consultant on owned products, related products, and department; serves as an effective change agent with Company-wide impact
- Crafts product portfolio vision; coordinates efforts of many cross-functional teams of Partners / suppliers
- Executes solutions requiring extensive exploration / validation; makes independent decisions in highly ambiguous and complex areas
- Collaborates with stakeholders company-wide (e.g., Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Store Operations) to understand / document business needs in an end-to-end manner
- Creates / maintains product and portfolio roadmaps; ensures alignment across product roadmaps
- Works closely with business customers, Product Managers, Design & Engineering Partners to drive entire technology project lifecycle (conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration)
- Manages / leads team to demonstrate high velocity, efficiency, and morale; holds team accountable to metrics / project outcomes
- Flexes existing processes to maximize outcomes; identifies critical risks and dependencies; anticipates / resolves critical team issues
- Constructs methods / metrics to identify product team successes and failures
- Leads as Coach; focuses strongly on growing the team-s product management practices and skills
- Regularly influences teams, department, and the executive team
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, information systems, computer engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in product management or technology consulting
- Experience supporting retail, supply chain, ecommerce, or digital marketing operations
- Experience successfully working in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Principal Product Manager at H-E-B?
- Expert knowledge of voice of the customer techniques, Agile product frameworks and project management tools